Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Episode VII

Think it will ever emerge? Think it's possible? Would you want it?

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Maybe if Spielberg directs like Lucas wanted him to for Return of the Jedi. Stupid guild regulations....

Comment

Originally posted by Jimny Wayne
      Maybe if Spielberg directs like Lucas wanted him to for Return of the Jedi. Stupid guild regulations....
      What does directing like another has to do with Guild regulations?
      A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
      Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
      Money is better than compliments.

Comment

I am a total Star Wars fanboy. Even liked the prequels. Didn't know there were some of us out there, did you?

As far as Episode VII goes...

Let's see how Star Wars TV works out.

I've always been one to think that Star Wars could maybe live on in a tv mini-series. Now before the true Star Wars fans out there curse me for saying that, think of it this way:

If it sucks, it sucks. You don't feel all the let down because in the end, it was just a tv thing, not a major motion picture. I mean, come on, I remember watching those damn Ewok movies when I was a kid and I loved them, but when I rented them for my kids recently... YUCK!

But, again, they were just tv movies. They didn't ruin the franchise as many of you feel the prequels did.

Also, I never want to see anyone else play Han Solo on the big screen other than Harrison Ford. On TV, though, I think it seems more acceptable to see different actors step into the famous roles.

And if it turns out to be cool, then you feel like a kid at Christmas because you don't expect as much.

Does that make any friggin sense?
        Goonies never say die!

Comment

Star Wars hasn't been cool since the 80's, and I think it's high time Lucas just let it die off.

Comment

Originally posted by DMNY
            What does directing like another has to do with Guild regulations?
            Because Lucas left the guild immediatley before Empire over the whole opening credits debacle, he was unable to hire Spielberg for Jedi (who was his first choice) because he was a guild member.

Comment

Originally posted by vmf
              Star Wars hasn't been cool since the 80's, and I think it's high time Lucas just let it die off.
              Phantom Menace world wide gross: 924,000,000
              Attack of the Clones world wide gross: 649,000,000
              Revenge of the Sith world wide gross: 850,000,000

That's almost 2.5 billion dollars that the franchise has made in the last seven years.

That's not counting the money that the re-issues made, or DVD sales and rentals, or money for clothes, books, comics, toys, posters, and my favorite lunchbox, which is probably another billion or so, if not more.

Bottom line: someone sure as hell thinks it's still cool. I know I didn't buy all those tickets...
              Goonies never say die!

Comment

All that money for three movies that sucked. Just imagine if they'd been good!

Comment

CLONES was good and SITH was great.

Comment

Phantom Menace world wide gross: 924,000,000
                    Attack of the Clones world wide gross: 649,000,000
                    Revenge of the Sith world wide gross: 850,000,000

just goes to show how many captain kirk jerkoffs are in this world. you have to use the faucking force to make me go to the theatre to see one of these movies.

darth vadar is a skirt. yoda's a frog/

vig

Comment

Dude, you right rom coms and mob comedies.

Nothing wrong with that but don't pretend you're Godard.

Comment

You gotta be Godard to hate the prequels?

Comment

i write drama. drama. that's my specialty.

i actually thought the last version was bearable.

who the flying fauck is godard. sounds like the second choice when they settled on the name slinky.

Comment

Here is what is really strange:

People that like the prequels can totally accept that some just don't. Yeah, they had some lame acting and aren't as good as the originals, so sure, I can understand why some people don't like them. Me, well, I just get lost in the fantasy.

BUT...

People that DON'T like the prequels just can't accept that many DO. Why the hell is that? Go to rotten tomatoes and see that every prequel has a positive rating. Not that rotten tomatoes is the last word in which movies are good, but they are a pretty broad range of reviews that reflect the public's general opinion. Hell, Sith has an 82% approval rating- that's better than any summer fun flick has faired this year.

So there's this notion from people that didn't like these movies that NOBODY does. That's just strange. The bottom line is that a good majority of the world found these movies to be pure escapist fun, and the 2.5 billion they raked in is more evidence of that.

Bottom line: LET IT GO, HATERS.

Take me- I don't really care for Pirates of the Carribean. Just didn't think it was that fun, but it's no big deal to me. I understand why some people really could get into it.

But you don't see me lurking around POTC threads trying to badmouth what others find enjoyable. It's just weird... Star Wars fans are seen as the geeks (for the record, I've never dressed up as a character and attended a convention or anything... though I wish my wife had one of those slave Leia outfits ), but the HATERS... man, they are ten times worse.

Why do I get the impression that these guys sit in their mother's basements wearing nothing but scarlet lipstick, chanting over and over to themselves "Lucas must die" just because the movies didn't live up to their expectations.

GET OVER IT!
                            Goonies never say die!

Comment

I want PRE-Prequels! I'm talking the old republic stuff with what's his name....Oh yeah, Exar Kun! That'd be wicked!

Comment

Working...
                              X