Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Illusionist

Just saw this and have to say, I really enjoyed it.

The tone was wonderful. Helped greatly by Edward Norton's meloncholy performance and a great musical score.

The story was smart and emotional.

I recommend it.

S

Re: The Illusionist

I couldn't buy the central romantic relationship.
    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks
      I couldn't buy the central romantic relationship.

I understand where that comment comes from.
      but for some reason...I forgave the lack of development there.

Really, it wasn't all that different than in BRAVEHEART.

Childhood crush. One goes away...returns. The love is stronger and develops at light speed.

I can't say that I bought it any more or less in that movie. But I feel it was forgiveable to put it aside and get moving with the story.

S

Comment

I was really disappointed.

First, I saw the ending coming a mile away. The only time I try to guess the ending of a movie is if I'm bored by it.

Second Leopold was a completely one-dimensional villain. There was talk about him being intelligent and he hinted that he wanted to take over the empire in order to make reforms, but nothing was fleshed out. He was utterly boring.

Inspector Uhl was a more interesting character but he just didn't seem like he was any threat to Eisenheim whatsoever. Eisenheim seemed like he could run circles around everyone and thus it wasn't very dramatic.
        "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"
        "If I didn't have inner peace I'd totally go psycho on you guys all the time." - Carl Carlson

Comment

Working...
        X