Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tristam Shandy: a **** and bull story

This was funny. If you aren't familiar with the source material, don't worry the "movie" is just as accessible.

Go rent it.

Re: Tristam Shandy: a **** and bull story

Great film, sort of a British Adaptation, and also very 8 1/2 influenced.

Comment

Brilliant movie. Coogan and Rob Brydon have unbeliveable comic chemistry. In a parallel universe they are big time movie stars.

Comment

Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon are two of the finest comedy writers Britain has to offer. They have numerous Tv shows, written seperately and together, that I wouldn't hessitate to recommend to anyone.
        Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

I've got this one in the Netflix queue. Maybe I should bump it up. Coogan is hilarious, and it looks like it has a good cast.

But Whistle, I can't believe you wrote **** in the subject line. I don't care if it's the title of the movie; it offends my delicate sensibilities!

Comment

no ****ing way. you're ****ting me.

Comment

I'm mother****ing serious!

Comment

I saw it with friends this week. It had some wonderful parts, but I didn't feel like it had the "story" that Adaptation had. My friends were puzzled by it, "liked" it but weren't sure why. They wondered if they needed to read the book to understand the film.

So it was a qualified "thumbs up" from our group.
                my webpage
                my blog

Comment

Originally posted by pooks
                  They wondered if they needed to read the book to understand the film.
                  hehe, nope. it was a post modern work before there was a modern to be post about. The actual work is just as disjointed and chaotic as the movie. maybe more so.

Comment

lots of fun. watched it twice within a week which is almost unheard of for me. not so much a film about screenwriting, more about the making of a film, inc. its writing/writer (nicely played by ian hart). lots of familiar faces throughout, v. well cast.

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
                    Brilliant movie. Coogan and Rob Brydon have unbeliveable comic chemistry. In a parallel universe they are big time movie stars.
                    yes, they're a terrific double-act, especially with their comic rivalry over eg who does the best pacino impression. often appear together on chat shows over here. coogan played a big part launching brydon's career by championing his tv series, *marion & geoff*, acting as associate producer.

btw i also recently took another look at the coogan/alfred molina short in *coffee & cigarettes* which is outstanding imo.
                    "I blame Le Kilt. If the hot or not thread is anything to go by, we all assumed areola were against the rules. It's a slippery nipple, um, slope." - BROUGHCUT

Comment

Loved it. One of the cleverest, smartest, funniest pictures I've seen these past few years. And, curiously, faithful to the spirit of the original.

Comment

Brydon's best and most overlooked series is Human Remains, the mock documentary series about dysfuctional relations he did with Julia Davis. Its so unwaveringly cruel, one of my all time favorites shows.
                        Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Working...
                        X