Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From "28 Days" to "28 Weeks"

Jeremy Renner and "Lost" star Harold Perrineau have signed on to star in "28 Weeks Later", the sequel to the 2002 sci-fi horror film "28 Days Later". The project is being helmed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo based on the script by Juan and scribes Enrique Lopez-Lavigne, Rowan Joffe and Jesus Olmo. Both Danny Boyle and Alex Garland, who directed and penned the previous first installment, serve as producers on the second film along with Andrew Macdonald. The story picks up about six months after the Rage virus has savaged the city of London, England. The US Army has moved into town and while attempting to re-integrate people back into society, a carrier of the virus unknowingly re-ignites the spread of Rage once more and wreaks terror and death upon the populous. Jerremy Renner plays Sgt. Doyle and Harold Perrineau stars as an upbeat American Special Forces pilot. "28 Weeks Later" is aiming for a May 11, 2007 release. This makes me wonder if Harold Perrineau's character Michael on ABC's "Lost" will appear in many episodes this season.
    Last edited by j over; 09-01-2006, 08:12 PM.

Re: From "28 Days" to "28 Weeks"

Originally posted by j over
    Harold Perrineau stars as an upbeat American Special Forces pilot.
    "Oh, sure you're a zombie now, but just think...you can walk to the funeral! Cut out the middle man! Think of the money you'll save!
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I really enjoyed 28 days, so I hope this meets my expectations... we'll see.

Actually, 28 days is probably my favorite zombie movie now that I think about it.

No, no... take that back... Shawn of the Dead was great, lol. I thought it was really funny.

Comment

I'm more looking forward to Danny Boyle's "Sunshine" than to Danny Boyle's "Sequel".

Comment

Originally posted by JayKid
          Actually, 28 days is probably my favorite zombie movie now that I think about it.
          It's funny to me that so many people consider "28 Days Later" a zombie film when, technically, those who become infected with Rage don't die and then rise again into walking (or running) corpses. They're just violent and raging feral-like maniacs...but still very much alive. That's a good portion of the reason why I feel "The Infected" can be so effective; it grounds the movie that much more into everyday reality.

Comment

True, but would you consider it it then? I really think that's where it needs to be classified since it is very similar. Either way, that is possibly a reason it was a much more effective movie. I just know I loved the overall feel of the movie.

What other endings aired where btw? I watched them all on the DVD, but I know that America had a different one. We had the one where they end up getting to some cottage and a field in the middle of nowhere and I'm pretty sure get saved.

There was another version that was very similar to that, but I can't remember the exact difference...

Then there was the version where the guy character dies in a hospital while the other two are trying to save his life.

Oh and then there was the interesting blood transfusion sketch ending, lol. That one was a bit out there... lol, kinda cool idea though.

Comment

Principal photography began today in London. In the press release, director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is quoted as saying, "London provides me with all the elements to make an extreme horror film." Here's hoping that this will be an extreme horror sequel of actual quality.

Comment

The first one definitely had some very cool ideas and executions, but I was just completely turned off by the way Murphy switched into a badass ninja once he was motivated. I see the point of rage being in every man, but would that rage have allowed him to become a shadowy ninja sniper capable of taking out a cadre of well trained killers?

Um... probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by j over
                  This makes me wonder if Harold Perrineau's character Michael on ABC's "Lost" will appear in many episodes this season.
                  I'll just chime in here about Lost...they indeed changed Perrineau's contract. Meaning he no longer has one. He's not a season regular this year. But there's some heavy suggestion that he'll pop up at some point (I'm assuming to finally explain why the Walt character aged quickly, which supposedly is something they have an explanation for).

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips
                    The first one definitely had some very cool ideas and executions, but I was just completely turned off by the way Murphy switched into a badass ninja once he was motivated. I see the point of rage being in every man, but would that rage have allowed him to become a shadowy ninja sniper capable of taking out a cadre of well trained killers?

Um... probably not.
                    It's been a while since I've seen the film, but I recall them as being not so much as real special forces, but as a bunch of the Brit equivelant of weekend warriors acting all bad ass.

As for Murphy getting all silent killer on their asses, for the first time in his life (I suppose) he finally found something worth killing and dying for. I don't find it any more hard to swallow than New York cop John McClane going all killing machine on a bunch of terrorists.

Apples and rutabagas, I suppose. But still...
                    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30
                      As for Murphy getting all silent killer on their asses, for the first time in his life (I suppose) he finally found something worth killing and dying for. I don't find it any more hard to swallow than New York cop John McClane going all killing machine on a bunch of terrorists.
                      Agreed. On a side note though, I think what keeps "28 Days Later" from being a completely satisfying film is its final act. It's not a horrible third act but I just felt it could have gone somewhere more fitting to what had preceded it, only at a much higher level of intensity. I like the film a good deal, regardless.

Comment

Turning from the threat of the zombies to the threat of the military wasn't an accident. It was a way of saying we don't need some exotic virus to turn us into vicious animals. For some of us (as with the Major), all it takes is the removal of the threat of repercussions; for others, all it takes is someone else to blame (as with the Major's soldiers, who could say they were just following orders).

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
                          It would be tantamount to Sheriff Brody encountering pirates enroute to kill the shark in JAWS and pushing the maneater into a supporting position.
                          Exactly! This is what made me feel cheated by the movie. I was enjoying it so much, and then the military aspect disheartened me. The movie already seemed to be leading us down a good path- it was fun, it was exciting, and it was putting a different twist on the whole zombie genre, then the military angle totally killed it for me. It was very disappointing.
                          Goonies never say die!

Comment

I'm just gonna add my 2 cents. This is one of the few movies I actually watched with my jaw dropped from start to finish. It was a rare movie going experience. Actually, I saw it on HBO which makes my pleasure in it even more amazing. I found it pretty much flawless and it surprised the hell out of me. I actually loved how it turned into man against man toward the end. I thought it was a social statement that worked and was used in a smart way.

Ele...

Comment

It would be tantamount to Sheriff Brody encountering pirates enroute to kill the shark in JAWS and pushing the maneater into a supporting position.
                              Well, no. Not really.

Not at all, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X