Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen...

Jaws was the scariest movie I have ever seen. It actually gave me a phobia of going out into open water.

Comment

Let's Scare Jessica to Death, which my mom happily let me watch as a seven-year-old.

Pretty campy to watch present day, but it definitely has its moments. Done Deal listed a remake awhile back.

k

Comment

Exorcist when I was 10.

Nightmare On Elm Street when it first came out...couldn't sleep for nights after that. I was still a kid though.

Also THE THING when I was just a wee lad. I loved it and loathed at the same time...Watched it probably 22 times since I first saw. Now I love it.

Anyone ever see HORROR HOTEL? I would have imagined that would have been scary to see when it first came out. Protagonist dies in 42nd minute of the film, but I think Hitchcock's PSYCHO had already been released, so that spin had already been spun.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TodayIsTomorrow
          Deliverance. Real characters, nothing that couldn't happen in real life. Rape. In rural Florida I delivered pizza to some people who might fit the bill of the hillbillies.

You know what's really scary is there's people like those inbred retards still living in Georgia. Another good reason to always remember to stuff your pockets full of nitrified powder while venturing in the woods.

Nitrified powder burns off flesh from the outside in. Some kid followed my little brother home from school one day, and showed up looking to fight my brother. My brother wouldn't come outside, so I smeared a small portion of the powder on his face after he started shoving the door back open. Kid probably looks like TWO-FACE now...
          sigpic

Comment

Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen

THE ATOM STRIKES

Considering the destructiveness and horrific injuries suffered by the Japanese with the early atomic bombs, the fact that there are still thousands of missiles armed with more than a hundred times that power in each warhead should scare you.

Here's a Quicktime clip to ponder.
            JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

I caught this on TV as a midnight creature feature when I was... 13, maybe 14? Older sister disappeared upstairs with boyfriend, leaving me alone and scared out of my wits.

I wouldn't open a door for days.

-Derek
              My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
              Nice shooting, Reverend. It's like I always say, put a fox in the henhouse, you'll have chicken for dinner every time.

Comment

Hairy's got my list.

Jaws. Still scared of the ocean.

Kingdom of Spiders (thought it was King Of The Spiders) saw about 20 minutes at a neighbor's house when I was 10, and didn't sleep for two weeks after that.

Blair Witch. I was working at a Production Company, it had just been at Sundance, there was HUGE buzz, it wouldn't hit theaters for at least two months. Boss had a video tape of it (unlabeled), brought it home, not knowing what it was, scared the bejeezus out of me.

First twenty minutes of When a Stranger Calls (the original).

Halloween. Michael Myers scares the crap out of me.

The Ring. That chick freaked me out.

Originally posted by Hairy Lime
                Most scared I've ever been?

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF. Saw this Michael Landon vehicle when I was 5 years old. Nearly pissed myself in fear.

JAWS. Scared me without even seeing it when my mother wouldn't let me go into the ocean on our annual trip to Cape Cod, because she's just seen the movie.

KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS. First R rated movie I ever saw in a theater. William Shatner fights a turantula invasion.

MANHUNTER. Caught this Michael Mann thriller on HBO latenight when I was in high school. I was home alone for the weekend. The movie's about a guy who studies families before he kills them. In their homes. Didn't sleep well that night.

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. I've never been so glad to walk out of a theater when it's still daylight.

BLAIR WITCH PROJECT. I saw it the day it opened and allowed myself to believe the marketing campaign that it was actually found footage. It's amazing what your mind can do to you when you force yourself to believe something.
                "Boobsie is Tassle. Exotic dancer, exotic private investigator. Icy Stoli cranberry gives her the superhuman ability to project her voice to deadly decibel levels." -- StrayGatsby

Comment

The original THE HAUNTING for me is the scariest movie I have ever seen. It creeped me out when I watched it as a kid. And it still works today.

Kubrick's THE SHINING was really scary, too. And the original THE RING by Hideo Nakata.

Comment

The two i thought were original and scary:

Flatliners and

Event Horizon

Comment

Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer

Comment

Bush's Brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Unidos
                          Bush's Brain.

Comment

When i was a kid i had nightmares after seeing The Goonies, a few years later it was Aliens.

More recently The Ring was pretty nasty, breaking the 4th wall like it did with her coming through ght TV. I thought the first 30 minutes of Jeepers Creepers was some very well done horror. After that it was rubbish though.

I particularly remember seeing the first Final Destination in a packed out theatre in Leeds, England. At the time the idea was kind of fresh and hadn't really been seen much. At the end as the giant sign swung back and obliterated the guy standing in its path, the lights went up and everyone set there absolutely motionless for about a minute. I mean NO ONE got up. Everyone just sat like stone fearing any slight move they made would be their last.
                            Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm
                              I thought the first 30 minutes of Jeepers Creepers was some very well done horror. After that it was rubbish though.
                              Exactly! My current spec is about that same element.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scriptwriterNYC
                                Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
                                Even more frightening than the movie was the vibe I got that that there were people in the theatre taking notes...
                                "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X