• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Hessian
    New User

• Hessian
    replied
    Re: Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen...

The Wizard of Oz. Man that witch scared the [email protected] outta me when I was a kid. Still can't watch it without getting the heebeeies.

Leave a comment:

• miles
    replied

Originally posted by ComicBent
    All I can think of right now is the scene, in the re-cut version of The Exorcist, where Reagan (spelling?) comes down the stairs using the "spider walk."

It was just so unexpected, the first time I saw it, that it really creeped me out.

They were not able to include it in the original cut of the film because they did not have the technology to hide the cables that held her up (according to what I heard or read). By the time of the second cut of the film, the technology had evolved.
    Yep, I saw the re-cut version when they brought it back to the big screen several years ago. I slept with the light on for three nights. I was so freaked out, I couldn't help but look up from bed every five seconds, horrified that Linda Blair would be standing there.

According to an interview with Blatty, he said that back in his college days, he saw an article about an excorsim in the Carolina's or somewhere around there. He cut it out, put it away, then researched the article years later. Interviewed the priests involved, everything. They swore it was true, to what extent, who knows.

But when it came time for Blatty to give a draft of the screenplay to Friedken, it was a bunch of flashbacks.

And Friedken's like, no just give me the story.
    Last edited by miles; 09-09-2006, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Biohazard

• Biohazard
    replied

Originally posted by theblondewritr
    It WAS The Shining.

Now it's FRAILTY.
    I loved Frailty, but it didn't scare me in that way. Not even close.

I'm serious when I say this...The Shining mentally disturbed me so much from the first time I saw it, I couldn't even watch Twister because of the scene where they show the twins on TV.

The only reason I'm probably able to watch it and enjoy it today is because I saw other Kubrick films and realized how great of a director he was. Now I don't see it as a scary movie, I see it as a great movie.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Isaac

• Adam Isaac
    replied

Originally posted by JayKid
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre makes me so frikin scared to drive out in the middle of Texas or whereever they were out there... I wouldn't wanna stop for gas anywhere, lol.
    Sh*t yeah son, we have joints just like in North Georgia. I take my writing accesories up there usually three time a year for about a week or so, to chill out and write and fish. And once you get to where the air actually smells clean....you'll see GASOLINE & FRIED CHICKEN and GASOLINE & BAR-B-QUE as far as the eye can see. The kind of southerners than run these joints are the kind of Southerners who don't take kindly to city folk making fun of the establishment or their accent. I get gas and get the hell on whenever I stop. Haha.

There's even a couple of gas stations that are closed down where they're still advertising $1.04 for unleaded gasoline.

These secluded, shut-down places are primo filming locales.

Leave a comment:

• DMNY
    replied

Originally posted by ComicBent
    All I can think of right now is the scene, in the re-cut version of The Exorcist, where Reagan (spelling?) comes down the stairs using the "spider walk."

It was just so unexpected, the first time I saw it, that it really creeped me out.

They were not able to include it in the original cut of the film because they did not have the technology to hide the cables that held her up (according to what I heard or read). By the time of the second cut of the film, the technology had evolved.
    Then I would advise you to keep away from the last scene in Ring 0
    I still can picture Sadako and it's even more eerie than Ringu and Ring 2

Leave a comment:

• ComicBent

• ComicBent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• peasblossom

• peasblossom
    replied

There are three that scared me the most. First was the original "The Haunting". Julie Harris makes this movie terrifying. A couple of years back, when my daughter was 12, she had a slumber party around Halloween, and we screened it. Of the six girls there, only two were awake at the end, and they were literally holding on to me for dear life.

Carrie scared me a whole lot more than I thought it would - so much so that when I was walking home from seeing it, I was sure that a hand was going to reach out of the ground and grab me.

I stupidly watched the Ring on an evening when I had to sleep next to the t.v. because we had redone the bedroom floor - one of the worst nights of my life.

On a different note - if you want to see a horror movie that is actually quite funny - go see the remake of the Wicker Man. My son and I were laughing our heads off, while my husband sat in shocked silence ( I guess I should have warned him about the human sacrifice part).

-Sandy

Leave a comment:

• theblondewritr

• theblondewritr
    replied

lmao, I almost said, 'Mel Gibson at Moonshadows'
    TBA
    theblondewritr
    Last edited by theblondewritr; 09-08-2006, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• haunted
    replied

I'm glad to see how many people saw The Changeling and thought it was super scary. I had been thinking it was sort of obscure or that other people who saw it would not think it was as frightening as I did.

Thanks to Minibrain for reminding me of the title so that I can see it again.

Leave a comment:

• theblondewritr

• theblondewritr
    replied

It WAS The Shining.

Now it's FRAILTY.

Leave a comment:

• ihavebiglips

• ihavebiglips
    replied

Originally posted by Minibrain
    It's called THE CHANGELING and it's a hell of a scary movie!!!!!

Sure scared me!
    Good call, you can get it on deepdiscountdvd.com for $5.99 and free shipping. Only comes in full frame though. Blah!

Leave a comment:

• j over
    replied

It's more then difficult for me to say what is the scariest film I've ever seen since there's a number of films I think are worthy of the title. I can say though that the most disturbing film I've ever seen is probably "The Exorcist". It certainly has some of the most potent and visceral imagery on celluloid.

Leave a comment:

• Jack on Vine
    New User

• Jack on Vine
    replied

Fun with Dick and Jane, the Jim Carrey version. I don't think I will ever be able to go to the theater on Christmas day again.

How about The Exorcism of Emily Rose? Creepy more than scary. All those contorted faces and the lawyers. Wow....

Leave a comment:

• JeWeL
    replied

The Shining and The Changeling... saw those when I was a kid... they left a lasting impression.

A recent movie, that challenged my emotions was SAW. I got sucked right in and felt what the characters were feeling. Good story and backstory in this flick. It worked.

Leave a comment:

• JayKid
    replied

Originally posted by Pencey
    That first 20 minutes of the movie was probably the scariest 20 minutes in the history of cinema. After that, the movie falls apart.

Anybody see the remake? Did they try to copy the original first act and if so, was it nearly as scary as the original?
    My younger brother saw this movie and when I asked about it he told me it was a horrible remake. I never bothered seeing it after he told me about that. I think the difficult thing about that movie (from what I remember in the original) is that because the setting doesn't change much throughout the movie that it's hard to sustain fear the entire movie, you know? It's great to start and gets worse and worse because of that. The new one supposively didn't succeed in fixing this so... guess it's still not the best horror movie, but I agree that the first 20 minutes are good (don't think scariest in the history of horror, but good) though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X