Which movie did you really want to be better than it was?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which movie did you really want to be better than it was?

You know, I watched Reign of Fire last night, and was so let down. I don't know why, but I was really looking forward to that movie; I loved the concept. Dragons versus modern man, how cool! But, sadly it ended up as yet another "meh" movie.

So, what movie really let you down? I mean something you had high expectations for, and it just missed the mark...
    Don't repeat it; create it.

Re: Which movie did you really want to be better than it was?

Originally posted by crustygibblet
    Phanton Menace.

First time I was at the Mann.

I was expecting another Star Wars, a historic legendary landmark, but I got.....eh....
    Yeah, the prequels and the Matrix sequels are my obvious choices. Any others?

I thought of another one. I really wanted Alien v Predator to be better, but no.
    Don't repeat it; create it.

Comment

The remake of The Time Machine. It wasn't bad, but it just happens to be one of my favorite novels ever written, so I was slightly disappointed.
      sigpic

Comment

Event Horizon. Nice idea and style, bad movie.
        Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

The 13th Warrior. I thought.....well, never mind what i thought, it was terrible.
          Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Superman Returns

Comment

Just about every tentpole summer release that came out this year, e.g., M:I 3, SUPERMAN RETURNS, PIRATES: DEAD MAN'S CHEST, etc.

Comment

Howard The Duck.
                "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                -Maya Angelou

Comment

I have to agree with "Reign of Fire," as well as several others mentioned.

Comment

Of very recent times, "The Descent". I didn't have extremely high expectations for it but I was hoping for something more satisfying then the end result was. It is an alright film and has certain aspects going for it but is certainly overrated in a number of circles.

I also agree about "Event Horizon". Interesting premise; not-so-nice execution of the premise.

Comment

Superman, Pirates, Hollywoodland, Black Dahlia ... they all should have been much better than they turned out.

Comment

I have to agree with Superman Returns, but I really liked it because I'm a Superman fan.

Comment

Every Roger Moore James Bond film.

Comment

I thought Syriana was going to rock the world, wake everyone up ... turned out to be good but nothing like I'd been built up to expect.
                            sigpic
                            "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
                            that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
                            -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

This list is so long, I don't think I can remember them all.

Comment

Working...
                              X