Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Trailers for a Horror Film

What are, in your opinion, some of the best theatrical trailers that ever hit the silver screen for horror films? A few I've thought of right off the bat are...

"The Shining" (1980)
    Gives absolutely nothing away while giving the creeps out to no end. I think Hollywood and Co. are almost incapable of producing a trailer like this now.

"The Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen" (2000)
    Honors the original cut and cues in the infamous "Tubular Bells" at the right time.

"The Ring" (2002)
    Just oozing with pure atmosphere.

Right click any of the movie titles above and save them to your desktop to watch.
    Last edited by j over; 02-10-2007, 05:12 AM.

Re: Best Trailers for a Horror Film

I think that the best trailer for a horror film ever used was for Larry Cohen’s drive-in classic, It’s Alive. The original trailer involved only the camera slowly circling a wicker tram with a voiceover…simple, but brilliantly executed. The memory of the baby’s squawl at the end still gives me chills.

I don’t think you can find it on the ‘net. Hell, they didn’t even include it on the DVD. Bastards. It was better in a lot of ways than the movie.

The fifteen-second teaser for Romero’s Dawn of the Dead is also brilliant marketing: the iconic zombie image from the film poster slowly rising like the sun as the narrator brings you up to date, closed with a very brief shot from the movie of the zombies lunging through the elevator door towards the audience. BWAH!

The trailers that show the least but promise the most have always worked the best for me…I’d like to enter a film without seeing a single frame, anticipation high and no spoiled moments. Anymore, the trailers serve as nothing more than a synopsis.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30
      I’d like to enter a film without seeing a single frame, anticipation high and no spoiled moments.
      That would be the ideal situation, indeed.

Comment

Who cares? They're trailers.
        "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"
        "If I didn't have inner peace I'd totally go psycho on you guys all the time." - Carl Carlson

Comment

They're not exactly easy to avoid when you go see a movie in the theatre, y'know? If I hadn't already seen The Descent, I would have been pretty irked that they gave away one of the best jolts in the trailer...
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

If I hadn't already seen The Descent, I would have been pretty irked that they gave away one of the best jolts in the trailer...
            Bloody LG idiots putting that snippet in the trailer. So stupid!

Comment

cabin fever had an interesting trailer. completely false to the movie but interesting.
              The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

I think Alien may have had the best trailer of any horror movie in the history of ever.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
                It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
                -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Working...
                X