Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twentieth Century Fox to Offer Christian Films Under FoxFaith Banner

Fox to market both DVD's and features to large Christian target market that was made very visible during the release of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214699,00.html

Re: Twentieth Century Fox to Offer Christian Films Under FoxFaith Banner

ugh, Boski, that summation makes me wanna barf.

Should sell. Good luck- whom am I kidding, you won't need it.

Comment

I was so glad to hear this. I want to make faith based films even if only indirectly via parables but the Christian market thus far has been such an embarrassment. I've tried to emphasize to fellow Christians that we ought to strive to be better but they dismissed it and used God as a justification. Ironically, that's the same reason I believed the quality needed to increase.

I'm working on a script right now that would be perfect for this. Low budget, high concept, faith based. So, since I've never done this before, could someone give me a breif rundown of how it typically works with trying to get scripts into their hands?

Comment

MIRACLE PICTURES

If it's a good picture, it's a Miracle.

Comment

Wake me when they launch the FoxFilth banner.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
          It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
          -- Potter Stewart

Comment

I can't wait til FoxFaith and Walden Media get in a bidding war over some faith-based property and resort to decidely un-Christian tactics to land the material.

Comment

Big heaping servings of irony, and so delicious.

Comment

They will be losing a ton of money on the home video side as prospects for double-dipping "unrated" editions is slim.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock View Post
                  Big heaping servings of irony, and so delicious.
                  Any word on whether "Temptation Island: The Movie" will be released under the FoxFaith banner?

Comment

when did boski go soft on us?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boski
                        I think this is a sign , but I just got off the phone with my writing partner and we were discussing a smallish, feel-good, Hallmark kinda story we're working on that affirms belief in miracles... The story hinges on the main characters experiencng and coming to terms with a bona-fide miracle.
                        Is it about the miracle that Mel Gibson got off with only a DUI conviction?

Comment

I wish Fox success. I just hope that these films aren't too delightful and cheerful that they bring even more ridicule and disdain than the Christians already get.

I wrote a religous script, but I used the Devil to drive my story.

Maybe these flicks will be solid.
                          sigpic

Comment

Finally, maybe I can get my devil-worshipping war epic out there. I mean, a faith's a faith, right? I also have a road movie based around the occult practices of thelema.

Comment

Originally posted by szyszka View Post
                              Finally, maybe I can get my devil-worshipping war epic out there. I mean, a faith's a faith, right? I also have a road movie based around the occult practices of thelema.

Devil scripts are hot right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X