Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnecessary Violence

I do not like the way many movies are including, almost teaching, maiming. It is irresponsible to portray and discuss such matters on the big screen. Church has been replaced by the cinema in many ways. People learn there and sooner or later we are going to start seeing these things on the street more often than before.

Two moments in Snakes on a Plane are the most recent ones that come to mind. (If you have to know, I will PM you.)To me it seems like the director/writers feel they have to make things more appaling than before or fail as creative people.

Re: Unnecessary Violence

Originally posted by yeehi View Post
    I do not like the way many movies are including, almost teaching, maiming. It is irresponsible to portray and discuss such matters on the big screen. Church has been replaced by the cinema in many ways. People learn there and sooner or later we are going to start seeing these things on the street more often than before.

Two moments in Snakes on a Plane are the most recent ones that come to mind. (If you have to know, I will PM you.)To me it seems like the director/writers feel they have to make things more appaling than before or fail as creative people.

Um, no.

Comment

You're right, I'm far more influenced by cinema violence than I am by the Church, and that's just got to be wrong.

-Derek
      My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
      Confidence in writing is like the chicken in Rocky and you're the Hunchback from Notre Dame chasing it. ~DD writing masterclass

Comment

Which Church are we talking about? Is any Church okay to be influenced by, or does it need to be one specific Church?

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
        It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
        -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
          Which Church are we talking about? Is any Church okay to be influenced by, or does it need to be one specific Church?
          I'm VERY heavily influenced by the Johnny Walker Seventh Day Adventists.

Comment

Like you only drink on Saturday.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
            It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
            -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Hold up. Lemme pull up a chair and a six pack. I got a feelin' this is gonna be a long one . . . or a short one.

Corona
              I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
              I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
                Like you only drink on Saturday.
                Only a weak soul in need of salvation would say such a thing to me, sir! I am indeed seeking my God seven nights a week, sometimes a fifth at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Furry Mound View Post
                  I'm VERY heavily influenced by the Johnny Walker Seventh Day Adventists.

Is that the black, red, blue, or gold label denomination?

Does the Striding Man give you a day or rest? Or are Saturday/Sundays spent giving toasts to him?

Originally posted by Jcorona View Post
                  Hold up. Lemme pull up a chair and a six pack. I got a feelin' this is gonna be a long one . . .
                  If it gets too dull we could always join the J.W. Seventh D.A., get drunk, and start maiming one another.

But on point, it's somewhat hard for movies/television to be anti-maiming when JACKASS 2 makes the kind of profit it does and is the high point of a three-week box office slump.

(Wait a minute... You paid to watch SNAKES ON A PLANE, with Samuel M*****f***in' Jackson and didn't expect to see any maiming?)

They cried -- "La Belle Dame sans Merci" Hath thee in thrall!" - John Keats

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                    You're right, I'm far more influenced by cinema violence than I am by the Church, and that's just got to be wrong.

-Derek
                    My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
                    Confidence in writing is like the chicken in Rocky and you're the Hunchback from Notre Dame chasing it. ~DD writing masterclass

Classic.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joyeaux Garde View Post
                      Is that the black, red, blue, or gold label denomination?

Does the Striding Man give you a day or rest? Or are Saturday/Sundays spent giving toasts to him?

If it gets too dull we could always join the J.W. Seventh D.A., get drunk, and start maiming one another.

But on point, it's somewhat hard for movies/television to be anti-maiming when JACKASS 2 makes the kind of profit it does and is the high point of a three-week box office slump.

(Wait a minute... You paid to watch SNAKES ON A PLANE, with Samuel M*****f***in' Jackson and didn't expect to see any maiming?)

Black, usually, but if I've been tithed heavily, then Red.

Comment

Originally posted by yeehi View Post
                        So?

This is like saying I think drama movies have too much drama and soon enough everyone is going to be breaking up with their spouses and trying to solve all those murders they've been meaning to solve.

I mean, come on.
                        Smile Is Best Makeup!

-A Grammatically Incorrect Japanese Proverb

Comment

Sounds like someone really needs a blowjob.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wegmann View Post
                            This is like saying I think drama movies have too much drama and soon enough everyone is going to be breaking up with their spouses and trying to solve all those murders they've been meaning to solve. I mean, come on.
                            Well . . . The divorce rate is pretty high. And there's a lot of CSI-type programs on t.v. -- maybe we ought to get Dr. Phil to look into that.
                            They cried -- "La Belle Dame sans Merci" Hath thee in thrall!" - John Keats

Comment

No way. I think we should look into Dr. Phil himself...the rogue!
                              Last edited by Adam Isaac; 09-28-2006, 08:54 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X