Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Absurd Deleted Scenes of All Time

Scenes that were wisely left on the cutting room floor. As for Cameron Crowe...what the hell was he thinking?

http://www.cracked.com/modules.php?o...ticle&pageid=1

Re: The Most Absurd Deleted Scenes of All Time

Ignore me, I didn't realise there was more than one. I suck *sniffle*
    Cycstorm
    Last edited by Cycstorm; 10-16-2006, 04:39 AM.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

In Vacation, according to Chevy Chase, the original version would have had a trail of blood running down the highway behind the station wagon. Poor Fido. They decided that was a bit much for a comedy.
      We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

My all-time fav deleted scene is definitely Ferrell throwing beer-bottles at the wall in old-school... Genius.
        "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Pencey View Post
          Scenes that were wisely left on the cutting room floor. As for Cameron Crowe...what the hell was he thinking?

http://www.cracked.com/modules.php?o...ticle&pageid=1
          The scene where Kate Hudson says the girlfriend's name a million times also totally didn't work, though I suspect that was because Kate Hudson just isn't a particularly talented actress.

Crowe just couldn't resist doing almost the exact same scene though in his next film Elizabethtown with Kirsten Dunst repeating "you failed" a million times.

Of course, Elizabethtown plays like a movie constructed of nothing but deleted scenes.

Comment

I have to agree about "Almost Famous". The scene's included as an extra on the deluxe "Untitled" DVD (essentially the director's cut), and even for a laugh it's unwatchable: a handful of people (including Crowe's mother, I believe) sitting around a living room listening to the damned song. For 8+ minutes. Astonishing that he would even consider shooting it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
              The scene where Kate Hudson says the girlfriend's name a million times also totally didn't work, though I suspect that was because Kate Hudson just isn't a particularly talented actress.

Crowe just couldn't resist doing almost the exact same scene though in his next film Elizabethtown with Kirsten Dunst repeating "you failed" a million times.

Of course, Elizabethtown plays like a movie constructed of nothing but deleted scenes.
              Thought Bloom was a huge miscast. That movie could have been amazing. So sad.
              "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
                Thought Bloom was a huge miscast. That movie could have been amazing. So sad.
                I really don't think it could have been. After seeing the movie, I tried to figure out how I would rewrite it to make it work, and it would have required it to become practically a different movie entirely.

It didn't help that Zack Braff beat him to the "L.A. guy returns to his hometown for his parent's funeral and meets a wacky girl who reminds him of the value of truly living" thing with Garden State by about a year. Crowe must have wanted to punch him.

Comment

and that's being generous
                  If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed. -- Stanley Kubrick

Comment

I really don't think it could have been. After seeing the movie, I tried to figure out how I would rewrite it to make it work, and it would have required it to become practically a different movie entirely.

It didn't help that Zack Braff beat him to the "L.A. guy returns to his hometown for his parent's funeral and meets a wacky girl who reminds him of the value of truly living" thing with Garden State by about a year. Crowe must have wanted to punch him.
                    I think what is so interesting about this film though, is how many writers have thought about how they would rewrite it. Most People do seem to at least love the circumstances and town's setting. -- from there, the opinions difer. But in order for writers to want to rewrite, I think it must be resonating on some level with people -- and I think alot of the strong feelings of disdain for Etown is the frustation of f-ing up what could have been a really good film. Just my two...

Comment

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
                      I think what is so interesting about this film though, is how many writers have thought about how they would rewrite it. Most People do seem to at least love the circumstances and town's setting. -- from there, the opinions difer. But in order for writers to want to rewrite, I think it must be resonating on some level with people -- and I think alot of the strong feelings of disdain for Etown is the frustation of f-ing up what could have been a really good film. Just my two...
                      Actually, I think it's just the pedigree that people respond to. We saw this poster with a really great cast, and we know what Cameron Crowe films are like, but when we saw the movie, there was nothing redeeming about it, which is what was so frustrating.

For it to be successful, it would have had to be a fundamentally different film.

Comment

Working...
                      X