Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watts for "The Birds"

Universal Pictures and Platinum Dunes are gearing up to make an offer to Naomi Watts to headline their upcoming new take on "The Birds". Scribe Leslie Dixson has also come aboard the project to help out with the scripting for the film, which will supposedly be a more faithful adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier's original story then Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 version starring Tippi Hendren.

If the deal takes, this will be Naomi's third outing in a genre remake, having obviously previously starred in 2002's "The Ring" and next year's "Funny Games", a remake of the 1997 film of the same title.

Re: Watts for "The Birds"

Originally posted by j over View Post
    Universal Pictures and Platinum Dunes are gearing up to make an offer to Naomi Watts to headline their upcoming new take on "The Birds". Scribe Leslie Dixson has also come aboard the project to help out with the scripting for the film, which will supposedly be a more faithful adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier's original story then Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 version starring Tippi Hendren.

If the deal takes, this will be Naomi's third outing in a genre remake, having obviously previously starred in 2002's "The Ring" and next year's "Funny Games", a remake of the 1997 film of the same title.
    Not to mention that weird gorilla flick.

I've been sold since 21 Grams. May not be the prettiest chick on the block, but the woman can act.
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
    -Maya Angelou

Comment

May not be the prettiest chick on the block, but the woman can act.
      Oh, but she's pretty stunning in the looks though!
      AND the woman can ACT.

Just not enough to save "I (HEART) HUCKABEES" but then ... who could?

She should've been nominated for the Oscar for KING KONG in my book: laughs, romance, fear and heartbreak ... and not a lick of CGI ... it was all radiant in her face as she watched a tennis ball on a stick in a green green room.
      sigpic
      "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
      that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
      -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Originally posted by WriteByNight View Post
        May not be the prettiest chick on the block, but the woman can act.
        I wouldn't say she's "pretty", but she is very attractive.

Wasn't there already a remake of The Birds, where the family hid under a capsized canoe during the climax? Maybe that was a sequel, but all I remember is that it sucked.

I don't see the purpose of remaking any Hitchcock film...except maybe I Confess, which didn't translate very well to film. The idea, though, is very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
          I don't see the purpose of remaking any Hitchcock film
          They are apparently not remaking Hitchcock's version of "The Birds" but making a film that's based solely on the original story.

Comment

For "The Birds"

They are apparently not remaking Hitchcock's version of "The Birds" but making a film that's based solely on the original story.
            If that were true, they'd be adapting Arthur Machen's "The Terror," but, undoubtedly, it'll more likely be something like the Lux Radio Theatre program's adaptation of du Maurier's short story, (re-imagined into the United States, I'd bet).
            JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Why all the remakes? Most of the time they do so so. Why can't we see some original stuff, geez. I like her, which makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon View Post
                Why all the remakes? Most of the time they do so so. Why can't we see some original stuff, geez. I like her, which makes it worse.
                If you've been reading these boards for any length of time, you'd get the idea that "original" screenplays cause studios to go collectively into heart failure - or receivership.

Better a nice, safe adaptation of an existing work than take chances with an original screenplay.

Comment

The word 'euphemism' immediately comes to mind.

It's a god damn remake. Not a reimagining or a reinterpretation or another film based on the source material...it's a remake.

Comment

Working...
                  X