Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Darabont Helms "The Mist"

Frank Darabont has teamed with Dimension Films to adapt and helm Stephen King's 1985 short "The Mist". "It's a project Stephen King and I have been talking about doing for almost 20 years now," Darabont has stated via the trades. "In fact, it almost was my first directing project many years ago, but I went classy and did "The Shawshank Redemption" instead. It's time to get down and dirty and make a nasty little character-driven gut-punch horror movie." Thomas Jane is in talks to be a part of the cast, presumably the lead and a spring start is being eyed for the project to start filming.

Published originally in 1985 in Stephen King's short story collection "Skeleton Crew," "The Mist" is centered in a small American town where a thick mist swallows the entire area, killing those unable to escape its path. Terrified survivors seek refuge in a supermarket while a swarm of murderous creatures try to get in.

This is of course one of many Stephen King adaptations in the making for the future. Some of them include "1408", starring John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson and directed by Mikael Håfström and "Cell" which was adapted for the screen and to be helmed by Eli Roth.
    Last edited by j over; 10-20-2006, 02:46 AM.
Working...
X