X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Number 23

Here's the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newlin...ber23/trailer/

I saw the preview when I saw Blood Diamond and thought it looked good. I definitely wanna see it.

Oh, and Jim Carrey in a thriller is something different, dunno what to expect.

Re: The Number 23

I will certainly be checking the film out.

On a side note, I already posted about the trailer a couple months ago.

Comment

Just an opinion, but this script was GOD AWFUL!!!!! Seriously, one of the worst I'd ever read.

Comment

Care to share a link??

Comment

Originally posted by rockridesva View Post
          Just an opinion, but this script was GOD AWFUL!!!!! Seriously, one of the worst I'd ever read.

Without getting too spoilery for those who don't want to know, what were some of the problems you had with the script, rockridesva?

Comment

Originally posted by crustygibblet
            Though I haven't read the script, I'd venture an opinion here.
            But did it read great? Probably not.
            You're basing this on ... what?

Comment

Originally posted by rockridesva View Post
              I read it too, and yeah, it's a pass. Bound to be a disappointing film.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                I read it too, and yeah, it's a pass. Bound to be a disappointing film.

What didn't work for you about the draft that you read, Keen?

Comment

Will someone just tell me what happens, already, so I don't have to waste my time and money on this? Break down the plot, gimme the "spoiler" ending. Thank you.

Comment

I'm so late. I just saw the preview.

It looks fukking awesome!

I can't believe the screenplay didn't read well.

This idea has so much potential. I will hold out hope until I see the movie for myself.

praying...
                    "The question isn't who will let me, but who is going to stop me?," -- Ayn Rand (via Howard Roark in The Fountainhead)

Comment

I was all interested in this trailer until it said Joel Schumacher.
                      http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Lots of movie titles coming out with just numbers. What's that one
                        with Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack (love Cusack) but
                        the preview looked a bit lame.

Perhaps this is all a result of The Divinci Code mania?

Anyway...I heard a radio show with the numerologist who
                        was a technical advisor on "Number 23" and the date of the
                        release was decided by numerology. Lord.
                        myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

I'll have to get around to reading this one day and then I'll pass the mighty judgement stick.
                          One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by J off course View Post
                            Lots of movie titles coming out with just numbers. What's that one
                            with Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack (love Cusack) but
                            the preview looked a bit lame.
                            1408 ... posted by your "j" counterpart.

Friend's script in development has had to change its title because it's too reminiscent of NUMBER 23 ...

Comment

I second the views of rocks and J to a degree. The script I read (not dated so I pray that it is an early draft) starts off well.

In fact the first act is the best part of the script and the rest pales in comparison. I had to force myself to finish it…which is never a good sign.

One thing that threw me off though was how some things were meant to be filmed...in the first 30 pages the writer uses a particular "style" for different flashbacks (one is meant to be washed out like a poloroid, another bright and luminious, another noir and another made up of still frames) yet doesn't continue this trend throughout (and trust me there are a TON of flashbacks! It got a little confusing).

Also one character, Fingerling (the character from the Number 23 book) is first introduced as a children's macabre drawing...yet the writer doesn't say whether this look continues for the rest of the script or that particular introduction scene.

All in all there is great potential in there…it just needs work. A lot of work.

Also did anyone else feel that Walter reads exactly like Joel from Eternal Sunshine (mainly at the start)??
                              One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Working...
                              X