No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Number 23

interesting side note...

for his huge pipeline, this is Brooklyn Weaver's first project to hit the screen.

Having been around the project, you are right about the script concerns.

Comment

Darn. From the title I thought it was the long awaited Michael Jordan biopic.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
        Darn. From the title I thought it was the long awaited Michael Jordan biopic.
        The one starring Jaleel White as Jordan?

Comment

If Dr Pepper doesn't do anything with this one, it'll be the biggest missed opportunity in product placement history.

Comment

The biggest missed oppurtunities are all the fun 23 stuff they could do.

For one the trailer should have ended on :23 seconds...and I scoured page 23 of the script and came up broke.

Fools
            One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by OzFade View Post
              The biggest missed oppurtunities are all the fun 23 stuff they could do.

For one the trailer should have ended on :23 seconds...and I scoured page 23 of the script and came up broke.

Fools
              Never thought about that, they coulda done something clever like that. Like how in the trailer they had a message with every 23rd word. Why not do that at the very least on page 23? Or maybe do that on every 23rd page and have some crazy message. I would do it... it'd be fun, even if only a few people knew about it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rockridesva View Post
                Just an opinion, but this script was GOD AWFUL!!!!! Seriously, one of the worst I'd ever read.
                Works out nicely, then, that the movie was one of the worst I'd seen....

Man, this was just all kinds of awful. It's too bad Schumacher seems like such a nice, humble person 'cause he makes some of the crappiest films every now and then.

If you avoided this in theaters, save yourself the time and money and avoid on DVD.

Comment

Script-wise, everyone involved (except Joel, Brooklyn, and Fernley) seemed to know they had a serious mess on their hands.

And not one of these three are humble, I assure you.

Ps--hats off to Jim. The guy's a trooper, a force of nature, who will do anything to try to save the day on a project

Comment

I haven't read the script, but I saw the film last night. Although I'd imagine reading the script would probably be like having your teeth pulled out due to the constant time-frame switches and fantasy character switched.

But overall, a weird interesting film IMO.

EJ

Comment

Although I'd imagine reading the script would probably be like having your teeth pulled out due to the constant time-frame switches and fantasy character switched.
                      Yah...it is!

Comment

It's a pity Jim Carrey's first real genre credit turned out to be such a mystifyingly-convoluted mess.

Comment

Comedy ain't a genre anymore?

Comment

Working...
                          X