Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godfather question

Has anyone else ever wondered why the bruise on Michael's face lasted so long after he was punched by the dirty cop in front of the hospital? I believe his jaw was supposed to be broken, but the bruise was under his eye -- and lasted almost all the way through the entire Sicily sequence.

That's one question I always asked myself (and am asking it again after watching it last night on cable). Any thoughts?

Re: Godfather question

I thought it fractured his cheek. Not sure if that was actually mentioned or not.

Ele...

Comment

Ouch
      One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

My guess is Coppola wanted to show that Michael was still kind of healing after becoming like his family. Had Michael not gone to the hospital... He wouldn't have sought revenge for the broken jaw. And that he carried back to Sicily.

Also, that he might be healed by his feelings for Appolonia. Her murder destroyed any healing process.

Just conjecture.
        #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
        X