No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Favorite Film

What is it and why?

Ben Hur for me. Everything about this movie is just remarkable. The scope and size, the music, the performances, the story. It doesn't get any better than Ben Hur for me.

Re: You Favorite Film

Titanic ... Ben Hur ... Titanic ... Ben Hur ...

Just too hard to choose.

Comment

Wait, Return of the King won that many too didn't it? Or am I mistaken?

Comment

I think so....

If by favorite film you mean most times watched, then Moulin Rouge for me. The theme resonates strongly with me, I identify with the main character, I love the songs in the movie, and I like the film's style.

Comment

If we're going by most times watched, god help me it's the Blues Brothers.

Though admittedly about ten of the times I watched it were an effort to wipe away the stain of BB2000.

Comment

Well I've only seen Ben Hur 3 times. I honestly think my most watched movie is Swingers. We would watch that several times a week back in college. Especially on Friday nights before hitting up the bars lol.

Comment

I'm not going to call it my favorite, because that's absurd... but...

The Fisher King will always hold a special place in my black, crusty, antagonistic heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                in my black, crusty, antagonistic heart.
                THAT is why you have no arc!

Comment

Originally posted by Pull Back Reveal View Post
                  THAT is why you have no arc!

Ouch. You relevant bastard.

PS - don't tell Geevie.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                    Ouch. You relevant bastard.

PS - don't tell Geevie.
                    Let me tell you, you're no Doc Oc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pull Back Reveal View Post
                      Let me tell you, you're no Doc Oc.
                      You haven't seen my man-t!ts.

Comment

So those weren't extra arms afterall!

Comment

Well, between Midnite Movies and video, the flick I've definitely seen the most times is Dawn of the Dead...as in it's futile to even try to reckon how many times I've seen it. Although Night of the Living Dead is better, and easily my favorite.
                          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Ask me on different days of the week and I'll give different answers.

The DVD that finds its way into the machine most often these days is probably TROY tho' I tend to skim past some scenes, especially the ones with the old hams overacting.

I just watched a film on TCM that re-fascinated me all over again after many years -- DR. STRANGELOVE. Oddly compelling. And which reminded me of the equally compelling serious version, without the bodily fluids, FAIL SAFE.

THE VIKINGS aired a couple of weekends ago -- I couldn't stop watching. But it's in my Top 10 list so no surprise there.

During a dull afternoon last week, while waiting for a service engineer to make a house call, I popped KING ARTHUR into the DVD and howled in anguish at how badly they botched a classic story. The engineer still hadn't arrived (bastard) so I popped ENTER THE DRAGON in, and was shocked by how bad it was, my nostalgic love for this film is ruined, ruined I tell you.

Someone lent me the OMEN films on DVD. Boringly slow, wooden acting, couldn't get past the first hour of the first film.

Tomorrow, different films, different thoughts.

-Derek

Comment

Sideways - It's probably the movie I've seen the most times. I'm fascinated by the characters, both Miles and Jack and see myself in both of them. Just an awesome film. It's strange that when I saw it in the theater, I was pretty ho-hum about it. Then once I caught it on satellite, I was hooked. I think the movie almost plays better on the small screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X