Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Resident Evil: Extinction" Teaser

Click here to check out the teaser for the third and apparently final zombie-shoot-em'-up-horror-actioner "Resident Evil: Exinction", starring Milla Jovovich, Oded Fehr, Ali Larter, Iain Glen, Ashanti, Chris Egan, Spencer Locke, Jason O'Mara and Mike Epps among others. The film opens September 21, 2007.

The first film vastly disappointed and the first sequel was all in all horrendous. Needless to say, my interest in this is seriously lacking.

Re: "Resident Evil: Extinction" Teaser

Since sometimes it seems to be my obligation to disagree with you, I'll say that Resident Evil was a pretty satisfactory zombie flick...although I'll agree that the second one was damned bad.

This one...I dunno. Funny thing is, I couldn't tell at first if it wants to be a bad Mad Max knockoff, or was just unambitious enough to try to ape Richard Stanley. Turns out that it's directed by Russell Mulcahy.

I'm not sure if that's promising or disheartening, at this point. Although you have to cop that the franchise trailers are at least more interesting than most.

Although if Ali Larter gets ripped apart in a particularly gruesome way, I suppose my matinee bucks will have been well spent...
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Didn't the second one have like ten different endings and it just went on and on and then the final ending was complete fvcking bullsh!t?

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
        Since sometimes it seems to be my obligation to disagree with you, I'll say that Resident Evil was a pretty satisfactory zombie flick

We'll just have to happily agree to disagree. I think the first installment was mediocre and a vast failure as an adaptation of the game series. All the atmosphere/creepiness that made the early games so playable was completely gone...not to mention the characters. The whole memory loss angle was worn out well before it was started as well.
        Last edited by j over; 02-21-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

That's where it seems to come in...I never played the game, so all I took it as is the movie itself. In that regard, the mutant aspect sort of bugged me...

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Looks OK. Desert isn't my favorite location for a film.

Comment

Just to put this into perspective...Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter are in the same movie. And they're not baking muffins. They're kicking a$$!!

This would be like Halley's comet swinging back around so everyone who was sleeping or grounded while it passed could enjoy the once in a lifetime experience.

AND, it will kick back around a THIRD time, b/c Ali and Milla are gonna be in RE4 together!

Thank you Carl Sagan!!! And thank you again!
              https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

I'm a fan of the video games (well the couple of first games) and I wasn't expecting a lot to begin with so that first movie was satisfactory as well. The strengths of the videogame series were its atmosphere and the compelling storyline. The first RE movie had a little of both.

I have to admit that with the 'new' zombies from '28 days Later" and Znyder's remake of "Dawn of the Dead", the sight of slow paced undead doesn't bring the same excitement out of me.

The second one was bad and (along with Ultraviolet) made me shake my head at Milla. Not that she was a great actress to begin with. Horrendous movie and way too many holes... And great way to make the Nemesis as an undead terminator.
                A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                Money is better than compliments.

Comment

the first two were both fun stupid movies watchin hot chicks kill ****. I'd see the next two.

Comment

I thought the first Res Evil wasn't too bad, it was enjoyable... as a video game adaptation it was eh, but just from a movie standpoint it wasn't horrendous IMO. I liked the game far more...

The second kinda blew, although I still wanted to see it cuz I enjoyed the first game and movie enough... never played any other res. evil games tohugh, how are they?

Anyway, saw this in the previews for Ghost Rider and it looked alright, hopefully up to par with the first one so it can be entertaining enough for a rent. I probably won't see it in theatres unless I hear something great about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DMNY View Post
                      I'm a fan of the video games (well the couple of first games) and I wasn't expecting a lot to begin with so that first movie was satisfactory as well. The strengths of the videogame series were its atmosphere and the compelling storyline. The first RE movie had a little of both.

Originally posted by JayKid View Post
                      I thought the first Res Evil wasn't too bad, it was enjoyable... as a video game adaptation it was eh, but just from a movie standpoint it wasn't horrendous IMO.

I couldn't disagree more. I think both films are horrendous but in distinctly different ways.

Originally posted by amandag View Post
                      AND, it will kick back around a THIRD time, b/c Ali and Milla are gonna be in RE4 together!

Unless you've come across something I haven't, it was already announced in the past that this third film would be (thankfully) the end of the franchise. Everyone wants a trilogy, regardless of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
                        I couldn't disagree more. I think both films are horrendous but in distinctly different ways.
                        Okay, let me rephrase myself. The first one was not that bad simply because I didn't expect anything out of it. I thought I would have just a moment to chill, drink my soda and maybe enjoy myself a bit. I did all that.
                        Does it make the movie anything amazing? Absolutely not but so much better than House of The Dead when the horror started at the moment I bought the ticket.
                        Now, J, you disagree and I respect that. Horrendous? Sure, okay. Care to share why you thought the first one was that terrible in your eyes? I'm going to save everyone's time and NOT even consider the second one.
                        A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                        Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Originally posted by DMNY View Post
                          Care to share why you thought the first one was that terrible in your eyes?

I already did a page ago.

Comment

Gotcha!
                            And in all fairness, I do agree that the movie had little but hints from the games (and even that) but I did like the whole underground feel. Like I said, I wasn't expecting anything out of it knowing it was based on the game.
                            Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

The thing is, there's absolutely no way a video game adaptation is gonna satisfy the faithful (or even casual) players...on one level (ahem) there's way too much stuff going on in a video game to pack into two hours. But more fundametally: by converting it into a movie, you've taken the control out of the hands of the player, and rendered them nothing more than an observer.

Of course most gamers get upset when these things hit the multiplex...which begs the question: who the hell are they making these movies for?

But as someone with no experience or interest in the game, I found Resident Evil to be a worthwhile zombie flick, without feeling out of the loop by not having ever played it.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X