No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haunted
    replied
    Re: Oscars Tonight! Who are your winners?

Good comebacks, guys.
    Sorry, but Strawman Nonsequitur's posts don't warrant serious responses.

Leave a comment:

• vmf
    replied

Good comebacks, guys.

P.S. I'm trying to follow Gore's lead and have jacked the furnace and opened up all the windows. Every light in the house is on and my hot water is cranked.

Someday maybe I'll be an eco-movie.

Leave a comment:

• haunted
    replied

I've met both of them before.

Leave a comment:

• Hairy Lime
    replied

Strawman Nonsequitir, I'd like you to meet vmf.

Leave a comment:

• vmf
    replied

Originally posted by haunted View Post
    Okay, so Gore pays thousands of dollars extra per year to subsidize green power, keeping those generation stations running even though they're not profitable.
    So you're saying that if every rich person in America jacked their energy consumption through the roof 20X, 30X, 50X or more (perhaps as a bet, just to be jerks, or to set a world record) that would be beneficial to global conservation, as long as they all subsidized green power?

I wish you luck with that plan.

Leave a comment:

• haunted
    replied

Paying TVA or Green Mountain or whomever only subsidizes the green gen stations
    Okay, so Gore pays thousands of dollars extra per year to subsidize green power, keeping those generation stations running even though they're not profitable.

Damn his eyes! He's such a hypocrite!

P.S.: I have to ask -- what is "commentry"? I thought it was a typo the first time you used the word, but now it appears it's intentional. Is it a phonetic spelling of the way you Brits pronounce "commentary"?

Leave a comment:

• BROUGHCUT
    replied

"The Gores consciously chose to increase their electric bill by more than 50 percent in order to minimize the carbon pollution they're responsible for"

and that's not spinning the issue?

some more commentry:

I work for a utility company, a rather large one at that. We have nukes (more than any other in the US), windfarms, geo, gas, hydro, coal and oil.
    And I'll side with Leo and Jess. Electrons are electrons. No matter who you pay your generation charges to, you are getting your juice from the nearest one or two stations, dirty or clean.
    Paying TVA or Green Mountain or whomever only subsidizes the green gen stations. If you want to help reduce emissions, push for more nuclear plants, invest in research and most of all, use less energy and take load off the damned grid.
    http://wizbangblog.com/2007/02/26/al...ient-truth.php

Leave a comment:

• haunted
    replied

And as long as Gore is contributing his fair share of particulate pollution to keep things in balance we will all be ok.
    MSNBC reported on this story last night.

Claims that Gore is a hypocrite should be taken with these two very large grains of salt:

1) The "non-partisan" think tank that broke the "story," the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, is actually run by a guy from the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative group that takes money from oil companies to counter people like Gore who want us to stop contributing to global warming.

2) According to Tennessee utility officials, one of the reasons the Gores' power bill is so much larger than average is that the Gores participate in the Green Power Switch program, under which they get their electricity from renewable sources like wind and solar power. That program costs more per kilowatt hour than the average customer pays. The Gores consciously chose to increase their electric bill by more than 50 percent in order to minimize the carbon pollution they're responsible for.

Leave a comment:

• Hairy Lime
    replied

It's better than the pap smear I got once.

Leave a comment:

• haunted
    replied

I'm not allowed to call myself a doctor anymore. Not after being investigated for insisting that my female patients needed prostate exams.

Leave a comment:

• Hairy Lime
    replied

And you call yourself a doctor.

Leave a comment:

• haunted
    replied

Arguments are symptoms of bladder infections?

Leave a comment:

• tabula rasa
    replied

People who argue could make peace if they just sat around a table, talked it out, and drank their cranberry juice.

Leave a comment:

• Hairy Lime
    replied

Yeah, those guys just like to argue needlessly.

Leave a comment:

• Pull Back Reveal
    replied

Originally posted by Hairy Lime View Post
    Oh, I agree that the Best Director Oscar was given on merit. I'm saying the BP Oscar was dragged along with it.
    Wait ... you guys have been in agreement all this time and just didn't realize it???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X