Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has ANYONE thanked the writer?

And I'm not talking about Del Toro, because he was also the director. Simply put -- has ANYONE thanked a writer yet? Also, why the hell is best original song AFTER best original screenplay? Unreal.

Re: Has ANYONE thanked the writer?

I think it was the director of the short "West Bank Story" that thanked his co-writer. Leave it to the little guy to remember the humble writer.

But leave it to the writer to pu$$y up and refer to the co-directors as the "true authors of the film." (Michael Arndt)

Comment

God is ultimately the writer of everything... therefore, every time they thank Him, it counts.

Comment

Arndt's speech made me throwup. One word -- spineless.

Why is it the writer who always has to pander for his next job?

Comment

No clue, when the truth of the matter is, if you got the goods, they will come to you.

Comment

Helen Mirren did.

Comment

It all starts with the writer...unsung or not, it all starts with us.

Comment

W00t Marty and his producer are class acts. They both thanked the writer AND the telecast cut away to him twice, which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakkal View Post
                  W00t Marty and his producer are class acts. They both thanked the writer AND the telecast cut away to him twice, which was nice.
                  Yeah, that was suprising actually.

Comment

So did Thelma Schoonmaker, Forest Whitaker, Marty Scorsese and Graham King.

You think on cinematographer message boards they're lamenting how few recipients thanked the cinematographers?

Comment

The bigger names thanked the writer. That's expected. Still doesn't excuse the fact that people who win for art direction or editing or score don't thank the writer as well. They thank everyone else, why can't they thank the writer? A writer doesn't get his job from what the cinematographer does. A cinematographer DOES get his job from what the writer does. Everyone who thanks the director should also thank the screenwriter. Anyone who believes otherwise is wrong. Point blank.

For once I'd like to see the person who wins best screenplay go up and just thank the writer.

Comment

Didn't they do some sort of clip reel of different movie characters as writers showing how difficult it is to come up with a great idea for a screenplay? I think this was the entire Hollywood industry's way of saying, "Yes, we know you exist, we know your job is hard, so here's your tribute reel. Thank you."

Comment

Monahan thanked himself...

Comment

Originally posted by Scriptman View Post
                            Didn't they do some sort of clip reel of different movie characters as writers showing how difficult it is to come up with a great idea for a screenplay? I think this was the entire Hollywood industry's way of saying, "Yes, we know you exist, we know your job is hard, so here's your tribute reel. Thank you."
                            "So, there might be a strike coming up...please don't hurt us."
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                              "So, there might be a strike coming up...please don't hurt us."
                              Seems more like it. Don't forget the poster with the quotations...which is why I was confused when Ellen said that tonight was about "all nominees." I was kind of expecting her to say writers.

On other news, props to Monahan:

The winner for best adapted screenplay, William Monahan, doesn't take lightly any suggestion of people messing with his script for "The Departed." He even said it: "I was (on location), I was going to give them hell if there was going to be a lot of improv." So when one reporter kept asking him about any actual improv, he snapped. "It was a written script," he hissed. "Yeah? Thanks." The reporter shrank back.
                              Last edited by Jakkal; 02-26-2007, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X