Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Quote

During the montage of clips concerning screenwriting / screenwriters on the Oscar-cast, there was one of Walter Mattheau saying, "I didn't write 46 pages, I wrote one page 46 times."

I thought that would make a great e-mail sig quote. Anyone know what that's from?

Re: Movie Quote

Just guessing, but...

I Ought to be in Pictures

?

Comment

Guessing too... but it sounds like a Steve Martin quote.

Comment

I keep hearing William Holden's voice (but was it that line or another from the montage?) ... anyway, maybe SUNSET BLVD ????
        sigpic
        "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
        that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
        -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

It's definitely Matthau - I saw the clip too. Gotta be from something Neil Simon wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
            It's definitely Matthau - I saw the clip too. Gotta be from something Neil Simon wrote.
            That's why I guessed "I Ought to be in Pictures". It's a Neil Simon screenplay, based on a Neil Simon play, in which Matthau plays a down-on-his-luck screenwriter being pushed and prodded back to life by a newfound daughter.

I've seen bits and pieces of it over the years, and the line would definitely fit.

Comment

You're probably right, vmf. Thanks for the assist!

Comment

Working...
              X