Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Snake Moan

Craig Brewer's follow-up to Hustle & Flow looks over the top from the trailers, but it's just the kind of dark twisted tale he might knock out of the park. It debuted at Sundance in January but already has distribution and releases today. Anyone else looking forward to this? Anyone see an advanced screening? Critics haven't been kind so far. 50% on metacritic.com and 62% on rottentomatoes.com.
    http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Re: Black Snake Moan

Anyone got the script for this?

Loved that Hustle and Flow script. I'd love to read this too if anyone's up for trade.

Comment

Totally lost me when I saw a trailer for this and Ricci is all running from the house arms waving in the air and suddenly She gets yanked up short.
      She does this really spectacular TOTALLY staged flying leg kick way up in the air.

COME ON!!

The story line has some appeal to me, I'm curious about the thinking here, but that one over the top moment turns me off.

A serious, dramatic film ought to be played that way and not artifically amped up. Keep things true to reality.
      Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
      by BellaBella

Comment

I had my heart set on seeing it and every review I've read has been negative. I'll probably wait for DVD. Film could have cult possibilities.
        "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
        -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by scripter1 View Post
          A serious, dramatic film ought to be played that way and not artifically amped up. Keep things true to reality.
          Who says it's a serious, dramatic film?
          http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

I'll rent it on accounta I like blues music and Christina Ricci is quite the toothsome wench.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
            It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
            -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Seriously...I hope this ain't meant to be taken seriously. LOOKS like Grade A Chicken-Fried Exploitation...and if it ain't that, I'm gonna be one unhappy customer.

Edited to note: I was sort of bummed...earlier today I had come across an version of this poster where the "O" in MOAN served as a halo for Jackson, but it seems to have disappeared...

...guess you gotta save 'em as you see 'em.
              Last edited by Signal30; 03-02-2007, 10:40 PM.
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

The storyline doesn't thrill me, but I'll watch it on DVD...just for Christina.

Comment

LOOKS like Grade A Chicken-Fried Exploitation...and if it ain't that, I'm gonna be one unhappy customer.
                  Yeah. I don't know how anybody could look at that poster and think this is supposed to be a serious drama.

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

Hustle & Flow was awesome so I might just see this.

Comment

I read an article about the film in my local paper.
                      It gave me the impression that this was a film about tough love winning over and repairing a damaged soul. It talked about the connection between the two characters and how both actors seemed to really dig deep for the emotion.

It said nothing about half shirts and panties.

So, I saw the trailer and just....... groan.

Ricci had to put on some serious wieght for this role didn't she?
                      by BellaBella

Comment

Ricci had to put on some serious wieght for this role didn't she?
                        You're being ironic, right?

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

Uh, yeah Haunted, how astute of you.

Did a bit of research on this film.
                          Key plot words, Nymphomania.

AH, NOW I know what you guys are all hyped up about.

Character description of Lazuras pissed me off.
                          God fearing man?

What the ..... heck!

What God fearing man would keep a young lady in panties chained up in his house!!!!

Hypocrite yeah, but are we seriously supposed to accept that?
                          Godfearing (translated - respecting) and nymph, chains, and pantie don't go together.

And I must add this, this movie scares the hell out me simply based on a very recent experience.

I was downtown, inner city Indianapolis with my four year old son.
                          We stopped at Mc D's for lunch. This black man keeps watching me.
                          As we're leaving he calls to me in this soft voice, "Hey, can I talk to you?"
                          I'm polite, I don't mind talking to strangers, so I say "Hi."
                          He says "Can I hang with you?"
                          Long story short he wants sex. I turn him down.
                          I leave.
                          He follows me to my car.
                          "Nobody will know, just you and me."
                          I tell him "No." God I'm glad I hadn't locked my car.
                          He FOLLOWS ME!

He gives up when I find a police car to tail.

So, just for me, personally, this movie concept gives me the creeps.

(yes I would have been creeped out had it been a white guy.)
                          (would it bother me so much if I hadn't just had the experience? No, I'd just think it's more Hollywood trash.)

Do I think this film will make creepy, misogynistic males more dangerous?
                          Yes.
                          Do I think it will turn normal guys into chain wielding creeps?
                          No.
                          If you and your partner go see it and buy a length of chain afterward is it any of my buisness?
                          No.

If my husband goes to see it and comes home with a chain will I break his ..........

nose?

Likely.
                          by BellaBella

Comment

Uh, yeah Haunted, how astute of you.
                            You do keep a heavy hand on the sarcasm lever, don't you?

Godfearing (translated - respecting) and nymph, chains, and pantie don't go together.
                            So...you remain committed to taking this film 100 percent literally, huh?

(yes I would have been creeped out had it been a white guy.)
                            But would you have mentioned the color of his skin then?

P.S.: Who do you pay to edit your posts for you? Because you're being swindled.

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by scripter1 View Post
                              Do I think this film will make creepy, misogynistic males more dangerous?
                              Yes.
                              Do I think it will turn normal guys into chain wielding creeps?
                              No.
                              If you and your partner go see it and buy a length of chain afterward is it any of my buisness?
                              No.

If my husband goes to see it and comes home with a chain will I break his ..........

nose?

Likely.
                              I think your post just made me more misogynistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X