No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so damned excited for this film. Early buzz is awesome. I have taken Friday off to see it. I have not taken a day off to see a movie in several years.

Anyone else psyched to see this?
    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Re: 300

Yea... the one movie I'm currently looking forward to the most.

Comment

i'm already at the movie theatres now waiting for it to open Friday.

for some reason i dont think the movie is going to be all that good storywise but it has such a cool look. i'm sold.

anybody know the budget on this???
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
        i'm already at the movie theatres now waiting for it to open Friday.

for some reason i dont think the movie is going to be all that good storywise but it has such a cool look. i'm sold.
        If it's close to his book, the story is pretty enjoyable. I imagine the pacing should be insane!!
        sigpic

Comment

you read the graphic novel? was it that much different than the actual story? looks like it has wizards/monsters involved in this which is a good thing if the director pulls it off right.
          One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Big Adam View Post
            Anyone else psyched to see this?

Oh hell yes!
            http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6696/glad6dd6.gif
            sigpic

Comment

you read the graphic novel? was it that much different than the actual story? looks like it has wizards/monsters involved in this which is a good thing if the director pulls it off right.
              I read all of Frank Miller's work. Ever seen the movie The 300 Spartans?

The story is very similar to that movie. I just got word from a source that 300 is shot-for-shot with the graphic novel. There should be lots of dimepiece wide screen shots....
              sigpic

Comment

The previews look incredibly faithful to the graphic novel.

Comment

haha, cool then. like i said, i'm already here in the theatre waiting for it to open. no food or shower. i've physically glued myself to the seat in case they try to force me out.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

OMG! Just saw my post count with my previous message. It's a sign!

Comment

Going to see a sneek preivew of it tomorrow night.
                      R.K. Bentley
                      My Blog, My Design Studio
                      "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

anybody know the budget on this???
                        $60M. imdb.com is your friend. Learn it. Love it.
                        http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

I hadn't looked up the budget myself, but I did have a hunch that it was a good bit lower than the movie's appearance would suggest.

Still, $60 million is lower than I would've guessed, given the apparent production values. The idea that you could make a movie that looks like 300 for well under $100 million could blow some minds in Hollywood.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
                          It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
                          -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
                            I hadn't looked up the budget myself, but I did have a hunch that it was a good bit lower than the movie's appearance would suggest.

Still, $60 million is lower than I would've guessed, given the apparent production values. The idea that you could make a movie that looks like 300 for well under $100 million could blow some minds in Hollywood.
                            I agree Haunted. There are some movies where you can see every dollar on the screen and others where you're amazed it cost that much. This is definetely the former.

Comment

Yep, $60M for a studio picture with these kinds of visuals is quite a bargain.
                              http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Working...
                              X