X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 300

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
    brough, why do you keep bringing your neocon propaganda into this?
    "Neocon" is a slur.

why did you decide to bring the Iraqi insurgents into this, Qaz? Everything was going fine until you mentioned that spineless suicide bombers may be inspired to fight the Americans (rather than their own people?) after a showing of "300".

And it's got the touch of Midas at the Box Office, baby!
    Midas's touch was a curse.
    The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by crustygibblet
      On another note, I did not realize this was going to be a cartoon or I would have gone in with a different set of expectations.

Or probably not at all.

would've been a cable flick for me.
      So you didn't see the trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by BROUGHCUT View Post
        why did you decide to bring the Iraqi insurgents into this, Qaz? Everything was going fine until you mentioned that spineless suicide bombers may be inspired to fight the Americans (rather than their own people?) after a showing of "300".
        a) it was a joke.

b) you already responded to it w a valid counterpoint, and i let it go

c) you then went and posted miller's ridiculously reductionist and absurd interview with the headline: there needs to be more people like him in hollywood.

which implies that youre pushing a neocon agenda here.

im sorrry if that's a slur.

but you guys are frighteningly delusional sycophants, of a might is right policy, that is directly and indirectly responsible for the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

and the absolute worst of course is boski, who says that it doesnt matter if hundreds of thousands of them are dead because that's keeping america safe.

quite frankly, no one wants to hear about your sociopathic ideology anymore.

the war is lost.

but good luck w iran.

Comment

Ah now I get it the Immortals represent North Korea and…Christ will you people shut the hell up about your politics.

I don’t care who you vote for, what talk radio you listen to or your worldview on the Middle East.

This is a film discussion forum not a half assed armchair politician message board.

Repeat after me, it’s only a movie.
          It’s only a movie.
          It’s only a movie.

Comment

and btw, its not just the iranian govt that's opposed to this movie, but secular persian americans who absolutely hate the theocracy in iran.

just take a look at this website here.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
              Repeat after me, it’s only a movie.
              It’s only a movie.
              It’s only a movie.
              you forgot to add:

movies dont influence people

p.s. and i dont listen to talk radio.

b/c thats the only thing that does influence people.

right, slappy?

Comment

I liked the part with the sword
                One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
                  you forgot to add:

p.s. and i dont listen to talk radio.

b/c thats the only thing that does influence people.

right, slappy?
                  What part of I DON'T CARE did you not get? You want to talk politics take it to One on One or better yet, a different message board!

All this crap does is get interesting threads closed because it becomes a retarded political argument. I don't care about the social ramifications of 300 IT'S JUST A MOVIE

Comment

slappy, i didnt bring up politics here, but you can certainly bring up social ramifications of a movie.

just look at the black snake moan thread.

if you want to look at every movie as a nice fluffy piece of entertainment, that's certainly your prerogative.

but there's a lot of people here who seem to want to talk about other aspects of film.

Comment

Like the swords.
                      One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

you finally coming out, oz?

Comment

Well obviously the admins are not in the group since they keep closing threads when they devolve into shouting matches.

Comment

I see that this thread has reached the point of no return. Lets move on.
                            Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Working...
                            X