Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanchett on crusade to "Indiana Jones 4"

Cate Blanchett has signed on to star in the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones adventures.

Harrison Ford already has boarded the project, which will be produced by Lucasfilm and directed by Steven Spielberg.

With David Koepp's screenplay shrouded in secrecy, it is unclear what character Blanchett will play. However, sources said the Oscar-winning actress has landed a starring role.

Shooting will begin in June in Los Angeles and at undisclosed locations around the world. Paramount Pictures will release Indy 4 day-and-date around the world on May 22, 2008, with a handful of territories opening the following day.

Frank Marshall is producing, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy executive producing.

Blanchett, who is filming David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, next will lend her voice to Wes Anderson's The Fantastic Mr. Fox. In addition to her Academy Award win for The Aviator, she received a supporting nomination this year for her role in Richard Eyre's Notes on a Scandal.

Re: Blanchett on crusade to "Indiana Jones 4"

I'm overjoyed. INDIANA JONES has to be my fav series (except for the monkey brains) and Cate Blanchett one of the most beautiful, graceful and talented actresses ... and she fits right into the whole 1930's movie star/Brit archeology era "vibe" And she's of an adequate age to play a romance with Indy, if need be ... in a slightly Bogart/Bacall way. Classy. Empowered. Charming.
    sigpic
    "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
    that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
    -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

"Cate Blanchett has signed on to star in the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones adventures."

I would have preferred Jessica Biel, myself. So would have Harrison Ford...

Comment

I'm trying to stay optimistic but I fear the worst.
        "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Is he going to play her father?

Comment

Originally posted by Marine66 View Post
            Is he going to play her father?
            Callista Flockhart.
            sigpic
            "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
            -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Calista Flockhart is going to play her father?

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
              It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
              -- Potter Stewart

Comment

'I was joking. Can we move on?'

No, I meant, without going to imdb, I'm not sure there's a big age difference between Cate and Callista ...

So it's not beyond belief that Cate and Indy could have some love sparks flying in the movie, right? The old guy's doing okay off camera too.

I mean ... Michael Douglas and whas her name. That's suspension of disbelief. She's gotta keep her cell phone on vibrate or sumthin' ...
                sigpic
                -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Originally posted by Authorized View Post
                  I would have preferred Jessica Biel, myself. So would have Harrison Ford...
                  yeah, when i heard the news i thought aarp was financing this. but cate is a fine actress.
                  "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                  - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

The funniest post I have ever read, anywhere, was right here on DD, a little while ago when this same subject came up. Forgot who the brilliant poster was, but he wrote this:

INDY
                    Stairs. Why'd it have to be stairs?

Still cracks me up.

Comment

That is good. I don't guess there's any chance that was me.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
                      It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
                      -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Nope, actually it was me.

I'm here all week and I'm available for childrens parties, btw.
                        Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Working...
                        X