• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Caribbean 3 Trailer

Didn't see a thread on this so...

Enjoy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/pira...LmqJwLQGZfVXcA

I can't wait
    Last edited by Jakkal; 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM.

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 3 Trailer

for some reason i'm slightly underwhelmed. deep seems a little bored with his character. i was hoping for at least one standout bit of dialogue...

Comment

I thought the whole "And I owe all of them money" bit was funny. That was Jack Sparrow in one line.

And, frankly, they could've put up a turd with an eyepatch for a trailer and I would still be psyched about this movie.

Comment

Rumor has it is that Johnny Depp won't have as much screen time in POC3: World's End as he did in the first two installments.

Comment

Terry Rossio talks about Keith Richards, POC4, and writing westerns.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18868

Comment

Rumor has it is that Johnny Depp won't have as much screen time in POC3: World's End as he did in the first two installments.
            I read somewhere that he won't appear until about halfway through the movie.

I'm with Arroway. I'm slightly underwhelmed with the trailer. There's a feeling of deja vu creeping in. How many times can they show the same epic sea battles without bordem creeping in? But, who am I kidding, I'll be there opening day.

And, what the hell was up with Will asking Elizabeth if she'll marry him? Weren't they ready to get married at the beginning of Pirates 2? That was only stopped so they could find Jack.

I'm hoping they don't do a fourth Pirates movie. The first one was brilliant, the second one was okay-ish. I have a nagging feeling that the third one might stink the joint out. Still, it'll probably make $900 million opening weekend, so they'll probably fast-track POTC 4.

And yes, do a western!!

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
              I'm with Arroway. I'm slightly underwhelmed with the trailer. There's a feeling of deja vu creeping in. How many times can they show the same epic sea battles without bordem creeping in? But, who am I kidding, I'll be there opening day.
              I, personally, loved the army of pirate ships. That seems to be more epic than anything they've done before (with a maelstrom in the middle no less!).

And, what the hell was up with Will asking Elizabeth if she'll marry him? Weren't they ready to get married at the beginning of Pirates 2? That was only stopped so they could find Jack.
              Remember Will saw Elizabeth kiss Jack at the end of POTC 2. I'm sure Will and Elizabeth will have more than their share of drama in this last installment during which all their wedding plans will fall apart.

I'm hoping they don't do a fourth Pirates movie. The first one was brilliant, the second one was okay-ish. I have a nagging feeling that the third one might stink the joint out. Still, it'll probably make $900 million opening weekend, so they'll probably fast-track POTC 4.
              Ech, I hope not. POTC 3 is this huge, anticipated climax about the "end of the age of piracy" that will become a joke if they try to come up with something else to outdo it. I guess if they do decide to go with POTC 4, (which I don't believe they will) I think they might go in the direction of a prequel. Enough has been established about Jack Sparrow's past that a film can be made out of it.

Comment

Very underwhelmed - it's POTC 2 on steroids!
                It's going to make a lot of money -- nuff said.
                "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

I'm hoping they don't do a fourth Pirates movie. The first one was brilliant, the second one was okay-ish. I have a nagging feeling that the third one might stink the joint out.
                  My thoughts exactly, and this series looks to be following the same pattern as other action franchises like Lethal Weapon and Die Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakkal View Post
                    I think they might go in the direction of a prequel. Enough has been established about Jack Sparrow's past that a film can be made out of it.
                    Oh boy, another classic movie character ruined.

Comment

They won't do a fourth, Depp simply won't sign on for it. Of course, that's no guarantee it will stop them.
                      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

I not a big fan of this series. It got a little ridiculous for me about halfway through the first film. Fun - yes. Seeable - yes. Am I going to be waiting in line on opening day? - no

I just don't see this movie as any good if Johnny Depp hadn't been cast. The entire script is mediocre, the acting quite horrible (aside from Depp), and the effects too many and too cartoony.
                        Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                        Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Loved the first one, hated the second one, and will see this one despite heavy reservations just to see how they wrap everything up.

Comment

Either way, if they do a POC-4 what would bring the story to that point... and the end of piracy???

Why is there still priacy happening today?!

I know what they are trying to say, but a little bit misleading, JIMHO.

However, I am a bit confused about the wedding plans of Wil and Elizabeth... oh well, I will be in line to see when it opens like the rest of us.

It opens, when??? May or is it June?
                            D. Alin
                            http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

May 25th.

And Spider-Man 3 on May 4th.

Wow-wow, wee-wah!

Comment

Working...
                              X