No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Perfect" movies

Originally posted by MacG View Post
    What's your most "perfect" movie. The one where it all clicks together: story, pacing, acting, directing, etc, etc.

Cinemax is running the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy this month and, having caught the first one again the other night, I have no problem saying I think BTTF is a perfect movie.

Yours?
    I've said for years that BACK TO THE FUTURE was the perfect movie. Makes you wonder if they hadn't replaced the lead after several weeks of filming if it would have still been as flawless.

Comment

Ditto on Back to the Future.

Poltergeist

All About Eve

Batman Begins.

And of course ALIENS!
      Last edited by amandag; 04-08-2007, 12:25 PM. Reason: SHMUCKNESS
      https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

There aren't many movies that I feel are "perfect". And, as I think many of us agree, perfect is subjective, it's pointless to dwell on perfection in films.

That said, I don't have a perfect list. I have a unique criteria for "darn good", but perfect? Why sweat it?

Tom

Comment

Hey, I know! It's that movie... the one made back in 1985. It had John Travolta and... let's see now, Jamie Lee Curtis, I think. Oh, come on now, it's right on the tip of my tongue.... ???
          "THIMK." - Amomynous

Comment

Originally posted by R.D. Wright View Post
            Hey, I know! It's that movie... the one made back in 1985. It had John Travolta and... let's see now, Jamie Lee Curtis, I think. Oh, come on now, it's right on the tip of my tongue.... ???
            You got my curiosity going, so I had to look it up. It's titled Perfect.

Comment

War Games

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

Great topic, especially since there is so much opinion that goes into it and great points raised. Just my two cents, but I would say:

1. Little Miss Sunshine
                2. Jaws
                3. Casablanca
                4. Taxi Driver
                5. The Sixth Sense

All of those were PERFECT, IMO.

Comment

Agreeing with cyc ...

I was watching AMELIE without sound the other night and I have to say ... it is perfection. The framing, editing, acting, story ... you can watch it without sound (or subtitles) and totally feel the story. Beautiful, beautiful movie. It may now be my favorite.

Also feel that way about UNFORGIVEN and ETERNAL SUNSHINE and SUNSET BLVD. Those 4 are my top 0.1%.
                  http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Lime View Post
                    Agreeing with cyc ...

I was watching AMELIE without sound the other night and I have to say ... it is perfection. The framing, editing, acting, story ... you can watch it without sound (or subtitles) and totally feel the story. Beautiful, beautiful movie. It may now be my favorite.
                    I agree. I forgot about Amelie. It is perfection. I would love to have never seen it so I could watch it for the first time again!
                    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                      What's your most "perfect" movie. The one where it all clicks together: story, pacing, acting, directing, etc, etc.

A L I E N

Comment

The original STAR WARS is the perfect execution of Cambpell's hero's journey.

BACK TO THE FUTURE is a great call -- perfect excecution of concept (exploitation of concept).

AMERICAN BEAUTY, to me, is the perfect character and theme film. The way these things all intertwine and EVERY character has a satisfying, "correct" arc by the last frame of the film.

SOMETHING ABOUT MARY is a near-perfect comedy.

DIE HARD is the perfect action film.
                        Reaction time is a factor, so please pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Republic of Stephen View Post
                          A L I E N
                          I was wondering when someone was gonna say this! I love ALIENS as much as the next person, but I honestly think ALIEN is closer to "perfection" on a variety of levels than the sequel....

Comment

It took quite a few drafts for BTTF to become as great as it has been regarded as..

The first draft (like most) is far from perfect. It's available online and is very educational to read and see what they kept and changed.

Comment

The Shawshank Redemption is a very good movie and comes pretty close to being perfect, in my opinion. Same goes for Back To The Future.
                              Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Working...
                              X