Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies You'd LIKE to See Remade

Movie remakes get a hard time from some folks. I thought it might be fun to start a thread of movies you'd like to see remade.

I'll start...imagine what they could do with a fresh look at Runaway, the old flick starring Tom Selleck...
    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Re: Movies You'd LIKE to See Remade

See the other thread for notes on a Ferris Beuller sequel.

It's a license to print money!!!

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
    It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
    -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Spaceballs...so much more material to work with now.

Imagine...Can Can Boinks.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Can I count Spider-Man 3?

To be more serious though, all remakes are not horrible. Heck, some remakes have went on to be even greater than the original.

Comment

Night of the Hunter.

Comment

What...the Richard Chamberlain version wasn't enough?

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Imagine...Can Can Boinks.
              Someone please tell me how to UNimagine that.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
              It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
              -- Potter Stewart

Comment

I disagree IHaveBigLips.

That remake of "Night of the Hunter' with Richard Chamberlain was a good try, but I'm not sure anyone could beat the black-and-white version with Robert Mitchum, directed by Charles Laughton.

A 2007 remake would probably have some smart-mouthed, overly intelligent kids who are a thousand times smarter than the antagonist. It would probably be "Home Alone" with a serial killer. No way would they cast a new version with sweet, vulnerable children, a hapless mom like Shelley Winters and a comic demon like Mitchum.

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
                  Someone please tell me how to UNimagine that.
                  Just start humming The Carpenters "Close To You"...

My YouTube channel.

Comment

A Film That I'd LIKE To See Remade

UN CHIEN ANDALOU

"Go ahead. Make my day."
                    JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Re: A Film That I'd LIKE To See Remade

Originally posted by Fortean View Post
                      UN CHIEN ANDALOU

"Go ahead. Make my day."
                      Just curious, who'd you have in mind to write/direct it? Seems to me like the perfect project for another Gondry/Kauffman collaboration.

Comment

It'll never get remade, but I wish somebody could take another crack at "Shining Through," an absolutely godawfully abysmally wretched adaptation of a fun, engaging book. I have never in my life seen source material gutted as badly as it was for that movie. And I've seen a lot of horrible adaptations.

Not only did David Seltzer butcher the story to the point that he eliminated a major love interest for the main character -- one that, in the novel, leads to a pregnancy and a marriage -- but then he went one better and cast Melanie Griffith in a role that should have been played by somebody like Kathleen Turner (or Kathleen Turner at 30, anyway. Somebody with the ability to do that semi-Bacall-ish, retro-tough-sexy-witty-cool-moxie thing, not to mention the ability to play a Jewish girl from Queens. Not Melanie Griffith.) And he cast Michael Douglas in a role that Sean Connery would have knocked out of the park. Hell, I would have taken Clint Eastwood. But Michael Douglas as a guy who can make a grown man wet himself with just a glare? Please.

It's not even that the book was so spectacular. It was just a fun summer read. But what was done to it was unspeakable. And because the book was just popular fiction that nobody rembembers anymore, it'll never, ever be remade.

So, yeah. *sigh*
                        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

The only movies that should be remade are decent films with a great idea, and in my opinion, here are some:

Final Destination
                          A Nightmare on Elm Street*

Ok, that's all for now. Brain fart.

*The original is a good movie but a whole lot more can be done with the idea of dying in your sleep. The acting and effects suck, too.

Comment

A Film That I'd LIKE To See Remade

Originally posted by Jakkal View Post
                            Just curious, who'd you have in mind to write/direct it? Seems to me like the perfect project for another Gondry/Kauffman collaboration.
                            Kauffman, non. Gondry, oui. Wagner, non. Rossini, oui. Dali, fromage abondant? Florence & Viviane, oo-là-là!

DUE GATTI DEL TABBY comes close to it, but there should also be dancing.
                            JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                              The acting and effects suck, too.

True, some of the effects are quite dated (although I think the stretching arm gag in the alleyway works still...after all, it is a dream so things are allowed to look a bit funky) but I have to disagree with you on the acting to a degree as I very much like Heather Langenkamp and Robert Englund in the film.

Comment

Working...
                              X