Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Children

Just Netflixed this the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I loved In The Bedroom and this film has the same quality put into it. The movie struck me as a sardonic look at our do-good society in which everyone has their own demons, their own secrets, and do damage to their own children...but are quick to ostracize a sexual offender if it means they can feel better about themselves.

Jackie Earl Haley does an exceptional job as a sick man who is trying to put his life back together. I remember him in the films he did as a child but who would have thought he'd put in a performance like this!

The only negatives were that the film ran a little too long and I could've done without the voiceover which I felt wasn't needed...and maybe even detracted from the story. Still, a very thought-provoking film that can give one a new perspective both on their own life and society in general.

Re: Little Children

I'm a big fan of Perotta and, having little children of my own the book was awfully close to home. I liked the film, but I prefered the book (I'm not saying that to be a lit snob, I frequently prefer the film).

I think using the ubiquitous Will Lyman as the voice over was a bad idea. I kept expecting him to break into an ad for one of the MANY products his voice is associated with. Like Dos Equis for example. Mmmm.

Comment

Working...
    X