Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Country for Old Men

Getting really excited for this film, despite the mixed word of mouth. The idea of Coens + McCarthy & Tommy Lee Jones on top of word from Cannes being Miller's Crossing/Fargo by way of Texas my brain just can't even handle so much awesome. Man, I love me some Coen Bros.

Any other buzz yay/nay?
    "Where's the beer?"
    - Nero Wolfe

www.nicollecjones.com

Re: No Country for Old Men

Have you seen the five clips that are out there? It's really, really good stuff. I can't wait.

Comment

Hello, my most anticipated movie ever. Nice to meet ya.

Comment

nice link. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nerium View Post
          Getting really excited for this film, despite the mixed word of mouth. The idea of Coens + McCarthy & Tommy Lee Jones on top of word from Cannes being Miller's Crossing/Fargo by way of Texas my brain just can't even handle so much awesome. Man, I love me some Coen Bros.

Any other buzz yay/nay?
          Love the coin toss clip. What a great scene. That's what the Coens excel at and it's good to see them tapping their Blood SImple roots. I have to say, I actually think that the book is one of McCarthy's weaker works, but the Coens may have elevated it.

For a really depressing evening, watch Children of Men during the time you read "The Road." That book actually gave me nightmares and a great deal of anxiety, yet I couldn't stop reading. He's one off the greatest living American writers, IMO.

On another McCarthy project, I wonder if there will ever be a Director's cut of All The Pretty Horses.

Comment

I watched an interview on Showtime Movie News (a cable channel here in Oz) and its being called 'the new west" by a lot of critics.

Can't wait for this one.
            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

12IronMonkeys, thanks for the fantastic link! I had not see the clips. Javier Bardem is uncanny.

SBScript, I will have to try that, I haven't gotten to The Road yet, (my backlog of books is insane) but I count Blood Meridian as probably my favorite, so definitely not put off.

I had heard a few years back TLJ was looking to adapt Blood and even though it never came about, I've always had him in my head as particularly suited to McCarthy's work.
              "Where's the beer?"
              - Nero Wolfe

www.nicollecjones.com

Comment

Working...
              X