No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDY 4 updates

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20877

Sean Connery is out. John Hurt is. (Not as Indy's father, mind you....)

Re: INDY 4 updates

John Hurt?

Who will he play? There was a long-standing rumor that Kevin Costner would play his brother...
    Goonies never say die!

Comment

I hope they don't screw this up.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
      - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

As much as I loved Connery in Last Crusade and as much as I'm sure he'd rock in this one, I think it's good. I'd hate to see any Indy film with restraints and I was kinda getting the feeling that they wanted him back just to have him back. I'd rather this story just work.

Ele...

Comment

John Hurt is in... you say... WOW! Kevin Costner plays his brother... if Hurt is in, perhaps he plays the uncle? Yeah!?

Who's knows at this point, unless someone has the answer... would like to learn that!
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Shurley shom mistake?

No Connery???

Noooooooooo

Comment

Costner ain't in it, people. I'da think we'd heard about that by now...

As for Hurt -- instinctually I'd say villian. Or maybe he's the Marcus Brody replacement....

Comment

So now it's being reported that Jim Broadbent has been cast. He'll be assuming a Marcus Brody-like role in the pic.

Also.....

POSSIBLE SPOILER

...John Hurt is said to be playing EINSTEIN!

Comment

Father, brother, uncle? No, thanks.

Indiana Jones films shouldn't be his trip to a family reunion.

The father worked well in Last Crusade, but it should not dominate the franchise.

Comment

Indiana Jones, much like James Bond, needs to have a new cast of characters in each installment, with the exception of a few non-key players; Marcus, That Saudi Arabian guy - that's it. Indy's father had his part. New story, new cast.

If they do cast anyone as Indy's brother, uncle, grandfather, or any such family member I will be pretty dissapointed. That just seems lazy to me. I pray that Lucas doesn't F this up like he did Star Wars.
                    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                    Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Indy is back:
                      http://www.indianajones.com/communit...s20070621.html
                      "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

He doesn't look a day over 70.

Comment

I think he actually looks all right.

The biggest hurdle, for me, will be recapturing that ol' Indy charm. Ford hasn't shown nearly the same kind of charisma and screen presence over the last 10-15 years as he did as Indy.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this - if only for curiousity purposes.

PS - John Hurt is ****ing awesome.

Comment

I think it's pretty much official that this movie does have at least something to do with aliens. There has been some speculation about this, and many people around here seemed to think they wouldn't go that way. Several sites are reporting though that the plot does have to do with aliens and their influence on ancient civilization. It might not be the perfect bookend that people were looking for, but aliens, soviets, the 1950s... I think that could be pretty fun.
                            Goonies never say die!

Comment

I think Ford looks great -- should we all be so blessed to look like that when we're pushing 70.

I'm looking forward to this one. Spielberg's recent crop of films has reinstilled my confidence in him as a director.
                              Reaction time is a factor, so please pay attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X