Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Bradford Hears "The Echo"

Jesse Bradford is toplining the remake "The Echo", based upon the 2004 Filipino horror thriller "Sigsaw". Writer/director Yam Laranas who co-wrote and directed the original film will be working here as the director while scribe Eric Bernt has penned the script. The story finds an ex-con moving into an old apartment building who soon becomes aware that his neighbor, a police officer, is viciously abusing his wife and daughter. The ex-con tries to intervene but unknowingly traps himself in a curse.

Roy Lee and Doug Davison of Vertigo Entertainment are producing the film which will begin production in Toronto mid-August. Apparently, Hollywood is becoming less and less interested in original ideas these days.

Re: Jesse Bradford Hears "The Echo"

Not only do they seem less interested in original stories but they seem less interested in good stories. I think "The Departed" had an interesting story and could somewhat understand the interest in having it remade. This story sounds less than good. What is the moral here - if you try to intervene in domestic abuse, you'll be cursed? Nice.

Also, with the upcoming remake of "The Eye" - the premise is so old and cliche, I wrote a similar short story when I was fourteen and back then, as a dumb teenager, I thought the premise was cliche.

Comment

Working...
    X