Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Happened: Remakes Hit the 90s with "Jacob's Ladder"

It's been announced that producer Alison Rosenzweig is developing a remake of the 1990 horror thriller "Jacob's Ladder". One can only assume that this "update" will have something to do with the current situation in Iraq to say the least. The fact that a film that isn't even two decades old yet is getting remade says a whole lot about the state that moviemaking is in today.

Re: It's Happened: Remakes Hit the 90s with "Jacob's Ladder"

Originally posted by j over View Post
    It's been announced that producer Alison Rosenzweig is developing a remake of the 1990 horror thriller "Jacob's Ladder".
    But is this really happening?

Or is this just a series of phantasms that seem real...

And we're all really going to -- (choke) -- oh, no!

This is so sad.
    "THIMK." - Amomynous

Comment

Funny... I'd sorta forgotten what the twist was (I wasn't all that impressed with the movie... I don't even think I finished watching it) until they dropped the [SPOILER]Owl Creek[/SPOILER] reference.

Although it seems to be a little early to be remaking a movie that relies on a big twist to pack the punch. I mean how many people don't know the twist at this point?
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Oh boy! I can't wait until they remake THE SIXTH SENSE too!
        sigpic
        "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
        that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
        -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

I think I heard they're going to remake Spiderman 3, Shrek and Pirates.

Comment

Next stop FLATLINERS and THE LOST BOYS.

EJ

Comment

I would be interested in seeing a remake of Flatliners. It had a cool concept and a great title, but the execution was awful. Joel Schumacher changed the original script and as a result made a promising film into a terrible one.

Comment

Originally posted by bed-and-bones View Post
                I would be interested in seeing a remake of Flatliners. It had a cool concept and a great title, but the execution was awful. Joel Schumacher changed the original script and as a result made a promising film into a terrible one.
                You also need to turn the contrast up full blast on your TV to see the darn thing. He shoot it in a cave or something?

Comment

If remakes are indeed hitting films from the 90s, then people should stop calling them remakes and refer to them as movies the studio wasn't satisfied with the first time and would like another shot at. I think the term "do over" should fit.
                  "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                  - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Working...
                  X