Comment

Re: The Green Hornet is.... Seth Rogen

Heh, heh... glad I'm not a fan.

My money is on Rob Schneider as Kato.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

What do you expect with an @sshole like Neal H. Mortiz producing? The guy claims he's a huge fan of GREEN HORNET and then taps Seth Rogen to write and star? Wha-?

Comment

So who's Seth Rogen when he's at home? One of those pretty boy stars that looks like every other pretty boy star?

Comment

ah....no.

He's the guy from Knocked Up, and he was the stockroom assistant/buddy in 40 Year Old Virgin.

He's not what you'd call a pretty boy.

Comment

You might say, "very hairy round-shaped man"

Comment

Unbelievable. Guess it's the studio's way of making the film as broad as possible so it can gross as much as possible. Still, if Seth is in this thing then they might as well get the Korean guy from MadTv to play Kato. Unless of course Seth is playing Kato in which case The Bruce Lee Fan Club immediately crashes the set.
                "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                -Maya Angelou

Comment

Are you nay sayers really all that big of Green Hornet fans that you would oppose this casting choice? I mean, really? You've seen all the t.v. episodes, listened to all the old radio serials, and can even recite the Green Hornet oath by heart? (actually, I don't even know if there is one)

My point is, this seems to be the kind of character you can get away with messing around with and turning into a comedy. Jack Black as Green Lantern? Not on your f*****g life. But, the Green Hornet as a sacred pop icon never to be deviated from? ... please.

With Rogen, this film just garnered far more box office appeal than it ever would have as a straight action hero flick.

Comment

still can't believe.
                    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                    -Maya Angelou

Comment

I've officially given up trying to figure out moviemaking decisions. Heck, why not have Paul Rudd play Michael Knight in Knight Rider. Morgan Freeman (who the f**k else) could play Kit.
                      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

This is a huge risk for Rogan.... he is a fanboy demigod. This could hurt his star wars parady this august and alienate a ton of fans.

However... at the end of the day, he has a ton of "Juice" right now.

Lets not forget that he is Apatow's prodigy/high-school drop out/guilt-trip (anyone rember freaks and geeks or undeclared?).

Besides the fact that he read and subsequently turned down one of my scripts, he has the physical presence, timing and overall love for the part to do it justice.

I also like the fact that it is his script -- unlike "Evan Almighty" -- Seth is actually acountable for alot of his sucess and failures.

I do however worry about his "Pineapple Express" script.
                        "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
                          This is a huge risk for Rogan.... he is a fanboy demigod. This could hurt his star wars parady this august and alienate a ton of fans.
                          The only thing that's gonna hurt FANBOYS (the STAR WARS-inspired comedy) is the film. It's an unfunny mess of a movie that will only speak to the 0.1% of the super-freak STAR WARS fanboys out there.

Besides, Rogan has nothing to do with that film aside from an extended cameo in a couple of roles.

Comment

Working...
                          X