Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

I was pleasantly surprised by this one... not a big fan of Adam Sandler, but this is the funniest thing I've seen him in. Not saying much there, but I'm sure having Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor (Sideways) bring in the script helped a lot.

Not saying that it's a good movie, because it's pretty much a mess... one minute it's a dramedy, the next a farce. Some things make absolutely no sense at all (I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Dan Akroyd's motivation in the big courtroom scene was). And I'd say that buying Sandler as the literal NYFD pin up boy would have been hard to swallow, if there wasn't so much other idiocy at work here. His character must have stumbled across a lamp washed ashore at Coney Island, judging by the amount of action he's getting in the first act (It must be nice to be the producer, and bury yourself under a squad of hot Asian flesh... and adjust Jessica Biel's breasts).

Even the set-up of the why the two needed to get hooked seemed like a "whatevah" moment.

Also, there was some very odd editing at work here... like monologues were being chopped up, and they didn't even bother to cover it.

All in all, a complete shambles... but still funny. Not as in quotable funny or even memorable funny... just consistently amusing. And Jessica Biel gets down to her scanties. Actually, there's a lot of that kind of action on display here... as if to reassure the dudes that they won't catch Teh Gay from watching this flick.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Re: I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Just saw this on cable after avoiding it because of mixed reviews and The Longest Yard remake which I slept on. Funniest comedy I've seen in awhile. Kevin James in underrated.
    sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

I'm quite interest in seeing this because I just got back from vacation seeing old friends and four different people who don't know each other (one of them is gay, the other three are not) all said that this film was the single most offensive, homophobic thing they had ever seen in their lives.
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Well, no one's immune to getting ripped on in today's comedies. Not in real life either.
        sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X