Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Halloween" Trailer

Click here to check out the new and final look at MGM and Dimension Films' remake "Halloween", written and directed by Rob Zombie. The film opens August 31, 2007.

Re: "Halloween" Trailer

In the past, Rob Zombie has always shown his incapacity to show any restraint, when using violence.

Needless to say, I think this one is going to be very, very brutal.

As people have commented before, this is not a remake of John Carpenter's original, it's Rob Zombie's take on the origin of Michael Myers.

You have been warned!
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
      As people have commented before, this is not a remake of John Carpenter's original, it's Rob Zombie's take on the origin of Michael Myers.

Well, it is a half-way remake as the latter half of the film deals with Michael stalking Laurie Strode and friends.

Comment

Here's the problem. The movie looks pretty good and people who are die-hard horror fans or industry folk know it's a remake (and likely a more violent one). But to the average movie-goer, this movie looks no different than the dozen or so other Halloween sequels. I'm not so sure that this one will light up the box office.

Ele...

Comment

Unless they are written by the person who created the character, I think origin stories are the most pointless type of sequelitus there is. All a new writer is doing is exploiting the material, and marking the territory as their own...

... and usually it's nothing more than just pissing all over it.

Seriously, do we need a origin story for Rick and Ilsa explaining that the reason it didn't work out in Paris is because Rick was gay?

Having Michael Myers become the eventual boogeyman he becomes due to his abusive white trash upbringing is some seriously lazy thinking, and says more about Rob Zombie than it does the character.

If there is a reason given for Evil, then it's no longer Evil... just crazy bad.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

People forget the real reason this was made:

To get a whole new generation of teens on-board with "their" version of Michael Myers

I am curious what John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis think about this?
            Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
              I have the DVD for the documentary "Going To Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". From the looks of it on that DVD, Carpenter looked so stoned out of his mind that I doubt he even realises that this "reimagining" is taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978 View Post
                But to the average movie-goer, this movie looks no different than the dozen or so other Halloween sequels. I'm not so sure that this one will light up the box office.

Ele...
                You do have a very valid point there.
                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
                  I read that Zombie went to Carpenter for advice before penning the script, and Carpenter was very supportive, and told him to basically do it his way.

So this is going to be Zombie's take on the original Halloween. Hence the title -- Rob Zombie's: Halloween.
                  @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                    Having Michael Myers become the eventual boogeyman he becomes due to his abusive white trash upbringing is some seriously lazy thinking, and says more about Rob Zombie than it does the character.
                    You are right about that. Its almost "too" logical to make his "career choice" spawn from an abusive, white trash family. In fact, isn't that how most Serial Killer Profilers define their reasoning?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Working...
                    X