Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ROBERT RYAN thread

The new FILM NOIR CLASSICS COLLECTION V.4 is out and an essential pick-up for noir fans everywhere.

But something has been creeping around in my head all morning since I watched a Robert Ryan double-feature last night.

If you have the film ON DANGEROUS GROUND in your possession right now, put it in the player and skip to the greatest Robert Ryan scene of all time in tribute:

"WHY DO YOU MAKE ME DO IT? You know you're gonna talk. I always make you punks talk."

sigpic

Re: The ROBERT RYAN thread

ON DANGEROUS GROUND is a great movie and considered to be the first snow-noir (a subgenre of noir films that include titles like FARGO, A SIMPLE PLAN, etc.).

I was fortunate enough to see ON DANGEROUS GROUND projected on the big screen not too long ago when the Hammer Museum did a Robert Ryan doube-feature, the other film being the great Max Ophuls directed CAUGHT.
    Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

Beautiful stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The White Album View Post
        ON DANGEROUS GROUND is a great movie and considered to be the first snow-noir (a subgenre of noir films that include titles like FARGO, A SIMPLE PLAN, etc.).

I was fortunate enough to see ON DANGEROUS GROUND projected on the big screen not too long ago when the Hammer Museum did a Robert Ryan doube-feature, the other film being the great Max Ophuls directed CAUGHT.

I need to ask you something about an upcoming FILM NOIR writing event. I already know you'll say no, but I figured why not at least ask. It's a DD thing...

Let me know if you can, or have any questions. I know the deal though...big cats stay busy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
          I need to ask you something about an upcoming FILM NOIR writing event. I already know you'll say no, but I figured why not at least ask. It's a DD thing...

Let me know if you can, or have any questions. I know the deal though...big cats stay busy.
          Call my office.
          Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

Originally posted by The White Album View Post
            Call my office.

Got it. I'm asking for Mr. Shelldrake, though. I don't want anything. I need The White Album the fellow Film Noir purist. Listen to Little Jonesy's voicemail.

30 seconds...
            sigpic

Comment

$20 says you won't be able to resist the 16 Shades of Noir. Write it down!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X