Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Movies That Were Never Made

Listology has up what they believe to be the best films that never have (and in some cases never will) been actually made. I've come across most of these titles before but it's never-the-less interesting.

Re: Best Movies That Were Never Made

interesting link.

Comment

Neil Gaiman's The Sandman
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Jodorowsky's Dune

Comment

I'm not really in touch with what hasn't been made, but...
          Kubrick's Napoleon definitely. Did you know during his research he compiled the world's greatest library on Napoleon and I think it has become part of a university or museum. He had also arranged to hire the Romanian army as extras - not the entire army, just 30,000 of them.
          The other Kubrick movie that would have been great was the WW2 feature he planned based on Louis Begley's 'Wartime Lies' - unfortunately this opportunity was lost when Spielberg got Schindler's List on the market. Kubrick had already had a bad experience in this regard when Stone's 'Platoon' hit the the screens before Kubrick's far superior (IMHO) 'Full Metal Jacket'.
          Gilliam's Don Quixote would have been sublime.

On the other side of the coin, how unfortunate when movies such as Bonfire Of The Vanities fall into the hands of De Palma, and John Irving's 'A Prayer For Owen Meany' ended up as a rather lame 'Simon Birch' by whoever.

If you're looking for logic and justice, wrong business I guess...

David
          "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Erhan Krueger's Mythic... (from what I hear)

Gee, I wonder how Spiderman would have fared if James Cameron took the helm instead of Raimi? Also a version of Batman by Orson Welles would have been incredibly dark -- especially for that time period.
            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

JJ Abram's Superman... a lot darker and more violent... the scene where young Clark beats a man over and over on the pavement like Bam Bam would do to one of the Flintstone's cavekids is shocking and bloody, one reason they probably sais "um, no"
              "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Working...
              X