Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisionist DVDs

So I stupidly lent my Pitch Black DVD to a moron friend, and he damages it. So the knucklehead buys me a new copy, and it read "The Chronicles of Riddick... " (insert VMF cocking fist) "Pitch Black".

When did Pitch Black (sue me, I like the movie) morph into a fanboy-retconned COR movie? I saw COR (now renamed COR: Dark Fury??) and think it's one of the worst action movies of the last decade, rivaling Van Helsing for pure putridity.

I even went back to the store looking for an original copy, but apparently it's gone out of print and now I'm stuck with this crappy fanboy edition. Lesson learned: Protect my original DVDs with my life.

Anyone else run into other revisionist DVD editions?

I'd check eBay. Makes me wish I didn't sell my PB DVD on eBay...

Comment

Does adding "Indiana Jones and the" before "Raiders of the Lost Ark count?

Probably not... They did that on Laserdisc firsrt. Ugh...

--Kenn

www.kennhoekstra.com

Comment

First Question:

Why don't you just keep the original case and put the new DVD in it?

Second Question:

Why the f*ck do you even OWN "Pitch Black"?!

Comment

Here you go, VMF:
          cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...eName=WDVW

--Kenn

www.kennhoekstra.com

Comment

Why the f*ck do you even OWN "Pitch Black"?!
            Going with no expectations and coming out with a "that wasn't so bad" was the reason I saw it in the theater. Claudia Black being in it at the time was reason enough. The first 5mins is pretty good.

It could had been worse, Mac. Like Alien 4/AVP worse.

Comment

Why don't you just keep the original case and put the new DVD in it?
              Because I have yet to open it, and still have the receipt in case I decide to get another movie. I am actaully worried that I'll open it, fire up the DVD and find that the title crawl will have also been changed to "Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black".

That would really rot and the DVD would certainly not survive.

And as for liking Pitch Black, that's my own taste and it's really a quite interesting little sci-fi riff on Alien/Aliens.

Comment

Thanks Kenn, and I may just nab one off EBay and then trade this fanboy POS edition in for another DVD.

Comment

Hey Vimmer... good luck finding that copy of Star Wars that doesn't have the "Episode 4" tag.

(or, hell, anything CLOSE to any pre-21st century film print)

Comment

Because I have yet to open it, and still have the receipt in case I decide to get another movie. I am actaully worried that I'll open it, fire up the DVD and find that the title crawl will have also been changed to "Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black".
                    I can tell you with confidence that the title card in the film itself has not been changed. Just the cover art on the case. It's been mentioned on quite a few DVD sites....

Comment

Working...
                    X