XXX - State of the Union. It's Bad. Bro. Really Bad.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XXX - State of the Union. It's Bad. Bro. Really Bad.

The worst big release action flick ever reviewed?

"...going for the hip hop-loving teen market (both city and suburbs) that is more than willing to drop big money on flashy hubcaps, flavor-of-the-month CDs and crappy movies."
    -- Josh Larsen, SUN PUBLICATIONS (CHICAGO, IL)

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/...the_union/

Neal H. Moritz strikes again.... :x

Comment

I thought you and Moritz were buddies, MacG. :lol

Comment

I think it looks like a ton of fun. As good as the original. At least!

Comment

I thought you and Moritz were buddies, MacG.
          Oh yeah, best o' friends.... :rolleyes

As good as the original. At least!
          So you're saying this one looks like a pile of crap, too, Dave?

Comment

Shhhhhh Mac! You'll give it away!

:lol

Comment

Afrohunk! Oh, Afrohunk!!

Comment

With all that crappy CGI, I thought it was a Star Wars prequel.

Comment

APW truly has the worst taste in "movies".
                  XXX2, The Mummy flicks, Are we There Yet?, Mean Girls...........ugh!

Comment

I will give the first XXX had one really cool stunt (the motocross jumping the house while the chopper follows)

I really want to like Ice Cube, but ugh this looks blah at best.

Comment

I will give the first XXX had one really cool stunt (the motocross jumping the house while the chopper follows)
                      Uh...okay.

Comment

Sorry, I geek out a bit for old school stunts and that was one hell of a jump that wasn't wire work or CGI.

The last explosion as he lands rocked him a bit - I wonder if it was detonated a little eary as he got some serious hang time.

So I can appreaciate the movie fromt he standpoint the stunt guys did some great work.

The rest, er, uhm...

hey look - air

(Runs away)

Comment

From Joel Siegel, ABC-TV New York:

"This is the silliest big budget movie I have ever seen. Bottom of the barrel movies like this don't usually come out until the last week in August. It's not even May yet."

Comment

I caught Ice-Cream on one of his numerous press junkets saying how he's considered a "B movie actor," meaning he is on the veritable cusp of A-list status. And, no doubt, with the release of XXX II was about to imminently bust through and would soon be competing with Denzel for the 'good' scripts. No more Are We There Yets or Babrbershops for Ice-Ice Baby. XXX II was his ticket.

Bone-fide mainstream audience acceptance here I come.

Dork.

XXX one was a pile of steaming turd so enormously hyped through a relentless marketing machine turned to overdrive (that only recently I've noticed they've stopped running commercials for it) that it pulled in an audience.

The follow-up looks god awful. Ice is way out of his depth.

The sad thing is Samuel L. Jackson - his name in the credits use to mean something, now it's become synonymous with sh!t. He's caught the Michael Caine syndrome - never read a script he didn't like.

Comment

And people laughed when I said Vin carried the first film. Well here's your proof folks!

Comment

Working...
                              X