No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upside of Anger

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/upside_of_anger/

I gotta be honest: I didn't think Mike Binder had this kind of film in him....

Glad to see him plugging away, though. I enjoyed MIND OF THE MARRIED MAN for what it was and may check this one out eventually....

I loved Mind of a Married Man and was completely pissed off when HBO cancelled it but kept the overrated Sex and the City. MofaMM was a man's version of Sex and the City and Binder's clever and funny writing were great.
    I'll see Upside of Anger just because Binder wrote it.

Comment

Binder lucked out and got Joan Allen (a possible Oscar nomination) for his film. She's gives a terrific performance. Allen's excellent performance influenced Costner to deliver a very good performance himself.

Comment

Garnering excellent reviews thus far. I'll catch it tomorrow.

Man has a serious baseball fetish but I'll overlook that.

Comment

Wow: this one came totally out of the blue (for me, anyway). Looks like it could be very good.

Comment

binder's material was never the problem...

...it was binder in the 'lead role' that was the problem. mind of the married man might've been a better show without him. it's difficult to get behind a character that week in and week out does nothing but contemplate cheating on his wife ( whether or not one can relate to it ) ...worse than not 'liking' him, i found him completely uninteresting as a actor...

doesn't help that the women he was lookin' at were no where near as hot as his wife on the show...

if you want the audience to empathize with your wandering eyes, hire Kirstie Alley...

Comment

Re: binder's material was never the problem...

I'd have to disagree with you trini.
              The woman Binder was after was Ivana Milicevic.
              She's smokin' hot. The woman who played his wife was good looking, but very plain.

Comment

Re: macg...

Kelsey.........
                UPSIDE opens in limited release on March 11. I'm sure it will go wider in the weeks to follow.

Comment

Re: macg...

Do you mean lucked out in the sense that Binder and Allen are old friends (they were in The Contender together) and he wrote the part especially for her?
                  No, sir. 1) That she was available. 2) That she liked the material. 3) That she thought the part would get her another Oscar nommy.

Comment

Hell, I'da banged either one and been completely happy.... :hat

Comment

Authorized...

Do you mean lucked out in the sense that Binder and Allen are old friends (they were in The Contender together) and he wrote the part especially for her?

Comment

I really want to see this. Is it a limited release? Any plans for a wide release?

Comment

macg...

...matter of taste, i guess. ( though a nice link, btw) i guess i just didn't care much for the show though UPSIDE looks really interesting.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks whitenavel, I appreciate it.

Comment

Re: Thanks

Pretty decent flick all around. Joan Allen is wonderful and completely believable. Good writing from Binder. He can write some pretty funny dialog.
                              I also liked Costner's supporting performance. It wasn't showy, more subtle and proves to me he is a good actor with the right material.

But somebody get Joan Allen a sandwich.

Comment

Working...
                              X