Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelham 1-2-3 Remake

I was secretly hoping it was going to be Tarantino, but it's Tony Scott directing, David Koepp writing ...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/822/822438p1.html

While news of most remakes make you cringe, I actually am looking
    forward to this.

thoughts?

Re: Pelham 1-2-3 Remake

I already read the script, it's pretty faithful to the original...
    "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Somebody tell TONY SCOTT there's no drinking during the shoot, for God's sake!

sigpic

Comment

Moviequill, how did you get ahold of this script?

i'd love to read this script if you or anyone has it
        [email protected]

Comment

For anyone who hasn't seen the original, it's definitely worth a rental. I hadn't seen it in over twenty years and recently rented it. It's a terrific picture with some wonderful performances. Nice tight script, too.

Comment

Love the original. Hated the Edward James Olmos TV remake many years ago. Good collaborators to make this new one kick-ass.

Comment

This sounds like the greatest idea since World War I.

Comment

Pelham 1-2-3 with Matthau and Shaw is one of my all-time favorite films. It has special meaning for me as a New Yorker. One of the things that folks don't realize when remaking classics is that the classics had real well-respected actors in the lead. Not stars. They'll probably remake this thing with Paul Walker.
                "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Schuster View Post
                  For anyone who hasn't seen the original, it's definitely worth a rental. I hadn't seen it in over twenty years and recently rented it. It's a terrific picture with some wonderful performances. Nice tight script, too.
                  It's an absolute must for any fan of the thriller genre. Had all the ingredients and wasn't afraid to throw in a good dose of humor, too. And talk about a tight script. That flick had one of the funniest endings ever.
                  "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                  -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
                    Pelham 1-2-3 with Matthau and Shaw is one of my all-time favorite films. It has special meaning for me as a New Yorker. One of the things that folks don't realize when remaking classics is that the classics had real well-respected actors in the lead. Not stars. They'll probably remake this thing with Paul Walker.
                    I agree. And as a fellow New Yorker I especially appreciate that this was shot primarily on location--it really does look like the city at a particularly gritty time in its history.

Comment

Denzel. Seriously? Outstanding actor but too easy a choice after INSIDE MAN and whatever cop role he's fitted in. He could do this in a coma.

Now this is a role I'd give to Wahlberg. Hell, I'd give it to Hanks after the dismal DA VINCI CODE.
                      "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                      -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Schuster View Post
                        I agree. And as a fellow New Yorker I especially appreciate that this was shot primarily on location--it really does look like the city at a particularly gritty time in its history.
                        Man, 14th Street and Union Square was my stomping grounds back in the 90's. When I recognized it in the picture (towards the climax when Matthau opens the grid and goes down into the subway) it did give me goosebumps. Same thing with SERPICO where Pacino has the mneeting with the crooked cops with Yankee freaking Stadium in the background. I was born and raised in The South Bronx.

Yeah, it does make me homesick.
                        "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                        - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Loved Robert Shaw.

http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Don't know how this movie will do at the box office this coming
                            weekend?

Will the critics love it?

Will it make 50 million in three days?
                            You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
                            Paul Harvey
                            -
                            -
                            -

Comment

The more I see of what the movie looks like via the TV spots, the more I think I'm not going to like it.

FYI for any Comcast customers: the awesome, original PELHAM is available in glorious HD On Demand for free.

Comment

Working...
                              X