Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jumper" Teaser Trailer

Click here to check out 20th Century Fox and New Regency Pictures' "Jumper", starring Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Rachel Bilson, Jamie Bell, Max Thieriot, Shawn Roberts, AnnaSophia Robb, Diane Lane and Katie Boland. Based on the novel by Steven Gould and adapted for the screen by David Goyer, Simon Kinberg, Jim Uhls and directed by Doug Liman, the film opens February 15, 2008.

Re: "Jumper" Teaser Trailer

Looks nice.
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I agree. Fascinating idea too.
      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Looks like an episode of Heroes. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. But it does look a bit 'made for TV' ish.

Comment

Based on a book it appears similar in vein to a Alfred Bester novel too...
          R.K. Bentley
          My Blog, My Design Studio
          "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I liked the trailer a lot. Although, it doesn't look ANYTHING like the book I remember.
            "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Originally posted by CrackDown View Post
              Looks like an episode of Heroes. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. But it does look a bit 'made for TV' ish.
              took the words right out of my mouth....i remember thinking the concept sounded cool but after seeing the trailer i'll pass.
              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I read an early draft of the script, a version by David Goyer. It was fantastic. I wept openly at Starbucks in sheer excitement. Everything was perfect. I was pleased to find out Doug Liman was attached to direct.

I met Simon Kinberg last year and spoke to him about it. From what I understood, he punched up the action sequences, etc.

The trailer isn’t that exciting to me though. Unfortunately. It seems they’ve deleted a couple of storylines. In the draft by Goyer, I loved the mix of storylines. I still think it’ll be a huge hit.
                /Jimmy

Comment

goyer is a great writer. i love his style. especially the Blade flicks.
                  One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                    especially the Blade flicks.

By "Blade: Trinity" and the failed "Blade" TV series I found the writing to be certainly less-than-stellar.

Comment

well the first 2 Blade's and batman begins. i couldnt watch more than 15 mins of Blade 3 (bad directing - he directed that one) or the tv series (bad acting, bad directing, bad everything).

let me retract my comment from great writer to good writer now that i think about it.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                        well the first 2 Blade's and batman begins. i couldnt watch more than 15 mins of Blade 3 (bad directing - he directed that one) or the tv series (bad acting, bad directing, bad everything).

let me retract my comment from great writer to good writer now that i think about it.

I mean, I didn't hate "Blade: Trinity" by any means and it actually worked okay as a dark comedy I suppose but the problem being of course that is not what it is supposed to be.

Comment

This looks like a load of FUN!!!

I like Hayden, simply because his real self seems so sweet, and so I've been watching for his newest flicks to come out.
                          This one sounded like the best of the bunch BUT I didn't get a vibe that it was an action flick, or that it would be solid blockbuster potential.
                          Just a fun movie with a cute young actor.

THIS LOOKS AWESOME.
                          Some of those shots were just..... well, super cool.
                          I wish I could jump.
                          To chill out on the top of the Sphinx?
                          SWEET.

The cast really works as well. Jackson is such a fierce individual, Hayden is the perfect balance between nice and .....wayward, and I just love the accent and lines from the Brit.
                          Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                          by BellaBella

Comment

Originally posted by proof View Post
                            I read an early draft of the script, a version by David Goyer. It was fantastic. I wept openly at Starbucks in sheer excitement. Everything was perfect.
                            I read that version too but just thought: "eh". And I usually like Goyer's scripts. Watching the trailer, it seems that Kinberg and Jim Uhls improved it immensely...and added a lot more action. Actually on my list to catch now.

Comment

Working...
                            X