Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Untraceable" Trailer

Click here to check out Screen Gems and Lakeshore Entertainment's "Untraceable", starring Diane Lane, Colin Hanks, Erin Carufel, Billy Burke, Joseph Cross, Mary Beth Hurt, Daniel Liu and Dan Callahan. The film opens January 25, 2008.
    Last edited by j over; 11-30-2007, 02:40 AM.

Re: "Untraceable" Trailer

Has anyone else read the script yet?

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
      Has anyone else read the script yet?
      No, but I would like to if anyone has it?

This is a text book example of high concept irregardless of whether the movie bombs, or not.

PM me.
      Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
        This is a text book example of high concept irregardless of whether the movie bombs, or not.

True, pretty much.

Comment

Not a very optimistic opinion of humanity there, is it? I mean, we can go along suspecting that the human animal is devolving, but that's still one hell of a cynical underlying premise.

Not that I have high expectations of our culture myself, but... yikes.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
            Not a very optimistic opinion of humanity there, is it? I mean, we can go along suspecting that the human animal is devolving, but that's still one hell of a cynical underlying premise.

Not that I have high expectations of our culture myself, but... yikes.

To me at least, it seems highly plausible (and maybe even likely) that at least a fair number of the general public would go check out the site out of sheer curiosity or perhaps not buying the hype/thinking it's some kind of elaborate hoax.
            Last edited by j over; 11-30-2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I think there's a difference between online curiosity over something morbid or disgusting (but arguably harmless) where folks are all about seeing what the fuss is about, and something like the film presents.

Personally, even though I regard myself as kind of a nihilist-lite... I don't buy that there'd be all that many people that would log on to a site knowing that to do so would kill another person.

I'm actually sort of surprised that a mainstream film would even go as far as to say that Americans would do something like that...although it wouldn't surprise me if the film posits that the majority of viewers logging on are in South America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                I'm actually sort of surprised that a mainstream film would even go as far as to say that Americans would do something like that...although it wouldn't surprise me if the film posits that the majority of viewers logging on are in South America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Although I haven't read the script, I believe they depict either Americans or a variety of people around the world logging on the website.

Comment

irregardless

Comment

Originally posted by Arroway View Post
                    I love writers.
                    I'm like an opening band for the sun.
                    -- Eddie Vedder: "Push Me / Pull Me"

Comment

That's an official word now.

Used by people who ignorantly mean to say regardless. According to webster, it is a word, and of course everyone knows what you mean to say and only a pompous, rude ******* will correct you.

Comment

Intriguing concept, but completely ludicrous. Almost bordering on the Stephen Dorf schlock of fear.com
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

This looks like yet another "the killer is right here with us, but we don't realize what we're watching is pre-recorded" BS.

I'm hoping not, but that appears to be the most popular "twist" in these movies.

Comment

On the bright side, After Dark Films has nothing to do with this, so we're spared Courtney Solomon's unique take on how to promote a flick like this...

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                              Intriguing concept, but completely ludicrous.

Why do you say that? What is so ludicrous about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X