Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Justice Weans of America

Am I the only one disappointed with WB's current cast of hopefuls? Other than Common as a John Stewart Green Lantern, the rest of them skew way too young. They don't look like the greatest superheroes of all time. They look like rejects from a Gap commercial. Come on! For once, you don't have to land the biggest stars (because you can't afford them) ... so be smart and just get good actors who can physically inhabit the role from the first day of shooting.

In other words, call JL artist Alex Ross and ask him to cast, art direct, and do wardrobe for your film. Don't go the X-Men route and try and make a "real looking" comic book movie. Make a "comic book" comic book movie.

The entire concept of casting your movie with younger actors with sequels in mind is the quickest way of dooming your entire franchise.

Re: The Justice Weans of America

I dunno... Ashlee Simpson as Wonder Woman seems like an interesting choice.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

If they youngify this thing out of sheer marketing then count me out. They've already feminized the crap out of Superman.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Slightly off topic - but still on track.

I still think they should have allowed Damon to play Kirk. I mean, Christ Abrams just scrounged another 20 mill from the studios number crunchers. Pushing the production budget to a whopping $160 million smack-aroo's.

If Star Trek tanks at the BO, I hope someone posts Abrams public stoning on You Tube.
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
          In other words, call JL artist Alex Ross and ask him to cast, art direct, and do wardrobe for your film.

Have you SEEN his prototype costume for the Spider-man movie? Absolutely horrible, laughable even, and it would have cut off about 80% of the BO.

The guys is a good artist but I wouldn't let him within 100 feet of the JLA design crew.

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post

Have you SEEN his prototype costume for the Spider-man movie? Absolutely horrible, laughable even, and it would have cut off about 80% of the BO.

The guys is a good artist but I wouldn't let him within 100 feet of the JLA design crew.
            It would be a good basis for them to start from. And while I liked the look that Raimi employed for Spider-Man, I don't want to see WB try and make JLA like X-Men.

As for the script of the film, go here for a SPOILER-FILLED run-down:

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/m...america_movie/

One thing I was glad to read: no rushed introductions and character origin stories ... just get us into the action and tell a good story.

Comment

This movie will put the final nail in the coffin for big budget hero movies.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock View Post
                I don't know if it will be the final nail in the coffin but, if it were my call, I certainly wouldn't have green-lighted the movie.

Frankly, I think it's a horrendous idea to have a BATMAN franchise with Bale, a (possible) SUPERMAN franchise with Routh and a possible WONDER WOMAN franchise with another actress only to have three different actors play these characters in a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie.

It's coming across too glaringly for what it is: a cash-grab by WB.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock View Post
                  We can only hope, as I've had about enough of comic book movies for a long while. I never liked pure trash like Ghost Rider or FF, but Spider-man 3 was the beginning of the end for me.

JLA has virtually no chance of working, and it does have a chance to pull down this whole house of funny-book cards.

Comment

Hopefully someone will smarten up and make this a Movie of the Week for tv.

Comment

Screw John Stewart.

Hal Jordan IS Green Lantern.
                      Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
                      Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
                      Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Working...
                      X