• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrance Mulloy
    replied
    Re: Rogue

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    Such as?
    Well one example would be this years line up at the After Dark Horrorfest. Granted, some do go one to limited release, but most go straight to DVD. And judging from last year's entries - most of the films on offer were better then the standard Hollywood fare.

Also bare in mind that horror is a broad term, especially here, where people's opinions on what a good horror film is, can and often does differ.

Other examples I can think of that I enjoyed are:

Blood Car
    Unrest
    Death Tunnel
    Wilderness
    Anatomy
    Redneck Zombies
    Penny Dreadful
    Return to House on Haunted Hill
    Session 9

Leave a comment:

• Biohazard
    replied

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
    There's been some great horror movies that have only been released on DVD...
    Such as?

Leave a comment:

• Terrance Mulloy
    replied

Originally posted by j over View Post
    Straight-to-DVD-and-HD, me thinks.
    Funny thing is - that's actually not such a bad thing. The Horror genre is thriving independently, and better films are being made with little or zero interference from studio lackey's. Stacked next to big studio wankfests like The Fog or The Grudge, these films cost fvck all to make, and they make a dime back - and in some instances, actually profit.

And thanks to companies like Lionsgate and people like the Weinsteins, and festivals like Horrofest, they're geting international audiences too. It seems that one key ingredient to the success of these films is that they secure wider distribution deals, regardless of whether or not they get a limited release in the states.

There's been some great horror movies that have only been released on DVD, and they've been very successful because they haven't been raped by the Hollywood system. But there's a flip side too - as more funding becomes available, there's a lot of dribble being made, that shouldn't be.

Leave a comment:

• j over
    replied

Straight-to-DVD-and-HD, me thinks.

Leave a comment:

• Terrance Mulloy
    started a topic Rogue

Rogue

From the Australian director of Wolf Creek...

http://www.roguecrocodile.com/#trailer
Working...
X