Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grease" is the Word...Again?

Why remake this now? Just because everyone else is "re-imagining" almost anything in sight they figure they might as well try to cash in on musical staples, too?

Re: "Grease" is the Word...Again?

I think we're pretty much past the point of asking "Why?" on a remake of any established property at this point.

It is what it is and will be.

Because the Suits can.

They don't have to deal with a Writer, with almost unlimited libraries to raid, it's safer and the general public will eat it up.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I wonder if the recent success of "High School Musical 2" had a little to do with it?

"We're all immigrants now, man."
      - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

What is funny is "High School Musical" is technically "Grease III". This was its production name when they were filming.

If the theatrical HSM movie ever comes out (next year) it will unofficially be titled "Grease V" (HSM2 is "Grease IV"). Crazy...
        Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Apparently, Michelle Pfieffer likes the idea of casting none other than Jessica Simpson in the leading-lady-role of Sandy. I love you Mrs. Pfieffer, but you have to be kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
            Apparently, Michelle Pfieffer likes the idea of casting none other than Jessica Simpson in the leading-lady-role of Sandy. I love you Mrs. Pfieffer, but you have to be kidding, right?
            Alzheimer's?

Seriously, Simpson just had her two latest films go straight to DVD so... oh, wait! Maybe Michelle doesn't want to be one-upped on HER performance! Yeah, that's it...

When some bright child goes ahead and remakes 'Casablanca' I'm jumping off this planet.

Comment

this is we todd did!

Comment

It's official. The main synonym for "remake" is now "cheap" -- as in quality.
                "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                -Maya Angelou

Comment

I say use the entire cast of the 1982 version again. They were ridiculously old to be playing high school students then, so what's the big dif now?

Comment

Originally posted by velysai View Post
                    I wonder if the recent success of "High School Musical 2" had a little to do with it?
                    I'd say you're probably right.
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

(Sigh). The industry's so rampant with remakes and a lack of originality it's like this writers' strike started years ago.
                      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
                        I say use the entire cast of the 1982 version again. They were ridiculously old to be playing high school students then, so what's the big dif now?
                        Now THAT would be hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post

'82? Don't you mean 1978?

Comment

Working...
                          X