Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Mogul - The Lew Wasserman story

I just caught this documentary on cable. For anyone interested in Hollywood history, it's a must. Wasserman had tremendous influence not only on the industry, but also on the political careers of Kennedy, LBJ, Reagan and Clinton. It's really fascinating. Anyone else seen it?

Re: The Last Mogul - The Lew Wasserman story

No, but now I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
      I just caught this documentary on cable. For anyone interested in Hollywood history, it's a must. Wasserman had tremendous influence not only on the industry, but also on the political careers of Kennedy, LBJ, Reagan and Clinton. It's really fascinating. Anyone else seen it?
      It's a great story. Back when we Jews really did run Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
        It's a great story. Back when we Jews really did run Hollywood.
        Hang on, I thought they still did?
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I'm Jewish, too. And after seeing this doc, I don't know how to respond to anyone who says Jews control Hollywood. It may not be as true today with all the corporate mergers, but man, in Wasserman's heyday it looked like one big Bar Mitzvah.

Comment

I caught this on Showtime at some unholy hour when I couldn't sleep one night. It was fantasic. Found another -- er, show time for it and got it on the DVR.

A really amazing look at a very influencial and complicated man.

Anyone interested in him -- or about the era of Hollywood Wasserman basically help create and run -- should pick up the biography that was written about him a couple of years ago. Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
            X