Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Bale is John Conner?

So says AICN news in re: TERMINATOR: SALVATION. Huh. I never would've imagined Bale would attach himself to something like this, especially with BATMAN offering him his fat tentpole paychecks and action hero status in Hollywood.

Re: Christian Bale is John Conner?

Maybe they'll have a decent story. Christian Bale can only make things better I think. Maybe he has approval on the script or something. I sure the heck would in that kind of situation.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

It's a smart move in my opinion... If it is true.

He'll bring more creditability (as much as he can to a sci-fi action series) and help elevate the it back to its A-List status (Arnie & Cameron). Plus, he would be a good JC in my opinion. He can do vulnerable and kick-ass at the same time and it not seem like a cliche. Plus, he will be a draw for females which typically stay way from sci-fi fare as a general rule.

Also, it's not like the BM, or Terminator films come out every year. He can stagger his appearances every two or three summers, so he doesn't over expose himself. And he can do more dramatic and independent movies (Rescue Dawn) in between which is what I am sure he wants as an actor (diversity and exposure).

However, Bale aside...

What I think is going to make or break the Terminator series in the new millennium is "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" TV series. It is either going to help cement the franchise into B-List, episodic schlock status... Or re-ignite the publics interest in the franchise and wet their appetite for the new feature films.
      Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Bale for this would be a massive coup. If they get a decent script and the right director it could be a revelation.

Hell, it worked for Batman.
        Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

When the studio issues a press release about it, I'll believe it. In the meantime, I don't put any stock in anything Aint It Cool News trots out when it comes to their alleged scoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
            If they get a decent script and the right director it could be a revelation.
            ...except that the hacks who wrote T3 have been brought back for this film, and the director is McG, he of CHARLIE'S ANGELS infamy. The first one is a guilty pleasure for me, but FULL THROTTLE and his other effort, WE ARE MARSHALL, sucked balls.

Hence my surprise about Bale's rumored involvement. Doesn't seem like a combo he'd go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Master of Horror View Post
              When the studio issues a press release about it, I'll believe it. In the meantime, I don't put any stock in anything Aint It Cool News trots out when it comes to their alleged scoops.
              They actually have a pretty respectable track record in this arena....

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                ...the director is McG, he of CHARLIE'S ANGELS infamy. The first one is a guilty pleasure for me, but FULL THROTTLE and his other effort, WE ARE MARSHALL, sucked balls.
                I really, really enjoyed Full Throttle. I don't know why, but there it is.

Maybe it was the helicopter scene, at which point I just started laughing and couldn't stop.
                "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

This kinda remins me of Harrisson Ford starting the Indiana Jones trilogy whilst still filming Return of the Jedi... And leading two consecutive action trilogies hardly affected his career in a bad way.

I think this is a great move, I may be totally ignorant in saying this and forgetting (or subconciously blocking something) but I can't think of one Bale movie I haven't absolutely loved, or at least liked him in his respective role.

Terminator has a great mythos set up already, and has the potentiol to be epic. I hope it can be.
                  d i r g e

Sorsha: "What are you looking at?"
                  Madmartigan: "Your leg... I'd like to break it."

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                    They actually have a pretty respectable track record in this arena....
                    No they don't. Lots of flies buzz around that site but there's very little actual meat on the table.

Comment

So, does this mean that Bale is out of Killing Pablo?

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                        I really, really enjoyed Full Throttle. I don't know why, but there it is.

Maybe it was the helicopter scene, at which point I just started laughing and couldn't stop.
                        You just lost 4.3% of dignity in my books Mr Signal.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Well, Lucy Liu in fishnet didn't hurt none, either.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                            Well, Lucy Liu in fishnet didn't hurt none, either.
                            Unfortunately I cannot argue that point. Anything regarding Lucy Liu and assorted leather accessories is good.

Nice blog BTW.
                            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                              Nice blog BTW.
                              Thanks... I don't tend it as much as I should, but I'm just finishing a final draft (I think).

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X