Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Eye" Trailer

Click here to check out Lionsgate and Paramount Vantage's "The Eye", a remake of the 2002 Asian horror film by the Pang Brothers, starring Jessica Alba, Alessandro Nivola, Parker Posey, Chloe Moretz, François Chau and Tamlyn Tomita. Helmed by brothers David Moreau and Xavier Palud making their American directorial debut, the film opens February 1, 2008.

As far as advertising/marketing goes, the teaser was better/more effective.
    Last edited by j over; 12-03-2007, 11:19 PM.

Re: "The Eye" Trailer

The original is one of the creepiest films I have veer seen. There's no feewe than half a dozen moments that chilled me more than anything I've seen in the last 20 years.

Needless to say, watch that and dont waste your time with this new-fangled immitation.

Comment

What's with Alba doing these cheesy horror films? She's got this (which looks awful...) and that equally awful-looking AWAKE with Hayden Christiansen.

Comment

I think the trailer looks pretty awesome.
        -- Another Writer

Comment

Well, it's not as if she's fielding calls to do a Mamet play or something.

Oh, wait...
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I never saw the original, so I can't compare them, but this one seems to be pretty frightening.
            Hello. Aren't I cute? Write me a poem. About love.

Comment

(yawns)
              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I saw up to the elevator scene in the original, which was seriously freaky. I think I had to leave or something and that's why I didn't get to see the whole thing.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
                - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Wait! Wasn't Sarah Michelle Gellar starring in this film? How did Alba end up in it? Or is my memory turning to mush in old age?

- Bill (likes all the Jessicas)

PS: Still waiting for THE NOSE about a Beverly Hills High School girl who gets a nose job and can smell evil.
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I can't wait for the scene where Alba pretends to play the violin... hopefully it'll be as funny as when Naomi Watts pretended to eat a sandwich in Ring 2.
                    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                      The original is one of the creepiest films I have veer seen. There's no feewe than half a dozen moments that chilled me more than anything I've seen in the last 20 years.

Needless to say, watch that and dont waste your time with this new-fangled immitation.

Despite a few very effective scenes/visuals, the majority of the original "Eye" left me unsatisfied. I'm guessing this "re-imagining" will not do any better (judging on past efforts, probably worse).

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                      Wait! Wasn't Sarah Michelle Gellar starring in this film? How did Alba end up in it? Or is my memory turning to mush in old age?

- Bill (likes all the Jessicas)

Renée Zellweger was originally slated to star in it but dropped out to star in an "original" horror film, "Case 39".

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                      and that equally awful-looking AWAKE with Hayden Christiansen.

"Awake" is not a horror film but a psychological thriller as the emphasis seems to be more on the potential suspense aspect of the situation versus the inherent potential terror/fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                        (yawns)

lol
                        Hello. Aren't I cute? Write me a poem. About love.

Comment

Working...
                        X